• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-12T10:37:29Z by LJuergens
LJuergens
LJuergens
14 Posts

Pinned topic File Wait OConnector and Status

‏2013-03-11T12:48:45Z |
Hi,
I want to use a file Wait Operator in an ETL Process for routing to one or another branch of the process chain, depending weather a file exists or not.
So far that does work.
However, if the file does not exists and the process is branching out into the wanted direction, the control flow finishes with the status failed.
Is it possible to set the status of the file wait operator to successful, even if the file is not found and the process continues into the desired direction?
Could this achieved in an alternate fashion?
Thanks fo all comments.
Lothar
Updated on 2013-03-12T10:37:29Z at 2013-03-12T10:37:29Z by LJuergens
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts

Re: File Wait OConnector and Status

‏2013-03-12T02:11:56Z  
    Hi,

You can select "Check that the file does not exist" for property "File existence" of "File Wait". Then the file wait operator will be successful when there is not the file.

Please have a try!

Best Regards!
  • LJuergens
    LJuergens
    14 Posts

‏2013-03-12T09:28:26Z  
    Hi,

You can select "Check that the file does not exist" for property "File existence" of "File Wait". Then the file wait operator will be successful when there is not the file.

Please have a try!

Best Regards!
    Hi,

that is a feature I know, but unfortunately it is not solving the issue I have.

I want the process to do one thing, if the file exists and something else if the file not exists.

I.e. In one nightly job the source layer is updated and at success a file is written.

The DWH job should check for this file. If it is there, the update of data marts based on the source layer should commence, if not the process should branch into updating the source layer before updating the data marts.

And for both ways I want the file wait operator to be successful.

Would there be a solution?

Best regards

Lothar
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts

‏2013-03-12T10:02:04Z  
    • LJuergens
    • ‏2013-03-12T09:28:26Z
    Hi,

that is a feature I know, but unfortunately it is not solving the issue I have.

I want the process to do one thing, if the file exists and something else if the file not exists.

I.e. In one nightly job the source layer is updated and at success a file is written.

The DWH job should check for this file. If it is there, the update of data marts based on the source layer should commence, if not the process should branch into updating the source layer before updating the data marts.

And for both ways I want the file wait operator to be successful.

Would there be a solution?

Best regards

Lothar
    Hi,
    Only one "File Wait" operator can not realize for both ways at one time.

You can for the first "File Wait" FW1,"check file exist".Connect the successfull port of FW1 to the action of "the update of data marts based on the source layer". Connect the failed port o FW1 to another "File Wait" FW2, and connect the seccussfull port of FW2 to the action of "updating the source layer ".

Wish this is helpful!

Bese Regards!
  • LJuergens
    LJuergens
    14 Posts

‏2013-03-12T10:37:29Z  
    Hi,
    Only one "File Wait" operator can not realize for both ways at one time.

You can for the first "File Wait" FW1,"check file exist".Connect the successfull port of FW1 to the action of "the update of data marts based on the source layer". Connect the failed port o FW1 to another "File Wait" FW2, and connect the seccussfull port of FW2 to the action of "updating the source layer ".

Wish this is helpful!

Bese Regards!
    Hi,

that is exactly what I have done and the process is finishing as failed if the FW1 continues with the failed port.

I am in the process of solving this now with a specific text in the file and avariable assignment and comparision in the process.

Lothar