Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T22:21:53Z by HermannSW
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to parse British pound symbol in datapower???

‏2013-03-11T11:47:44Z |
Hi,

I have a MPGW service and Backend is responding with a British pound symbol in one of the field. But In the starting of the response rule the message is getting failed in Datapower.
Basically the reason behind this is DP not able to parse the message. I am getting the below error like “illegal character at offset 291..”.Is there any method so that Response rule can accept the message with british pound symbol.

The condition backend developer put us that they don't want to change the encoding from "UTF-8" to "iso-8859-1" in XML declaration as this one is one of the solution to this problem.
Any alternate way from Datapower side to accept this type of special character?
Any help will be much appreciate.

Thanks in adv...
Updated on 2013-03-15T22:21:53Z at 2013-03-15T22:21:53Z by HermannSW
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to parse British pound symbol in datapower???

‏2013-03-12T13:21:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Take a look at this -> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21409699

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Vikaas
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T06:37:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank's for the reply.
      I had already tried this option.But it is not working.
      In my case the reponse with British pound symbol is not entering insde the response rule.It is getting fail in the first action itself.
      My question : is there any configuraion option in Datapower so that I could able to enter that response to Response Rule.
      • HermannSW
        HermannSW
        4252 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T14:41:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I already answered that in the duplicate thread you created:
        https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14956299#14956299

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6772 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T11:16:43Z  in response to HermannSW
          Hi Harmann,

Thanks for the reply..
          Currently I am using the client DP box which is the version : 3.8.2.12.In MPGW service,in response rule the message is failing due to parsing issue.
          When I tried with othere DP box version 4.0.2.0, the same response message (with British pound symbol) is processing fine.
          Also I tried your option in my client DP box .But that is working in XMLFW only as it is not throwing any parsing error with the Input message with British pound symbol.
          IS there any option so that it will work in MPGW because I am calling backend service from MPGW request rule and the response of the backend is comming to the response rule of the MPGW service.
          Waiting for your response !!!
          • HermannSW
            HermannSW
            4252 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T22:21:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi,

this is April 2012 fixpack: 3.8.0.19, 3.8.1.21, 3.8.2.12, 4.0.1.9, and 4.0.2.5.

As you can see 3.8.2.12 corresponds to 4.0.2.5 -- five fixpack after 4.0.2.0

Please attach a sample service and a sample backend response with the pound symbol, that will enable to investigate.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>