4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-13T21:16:36Z by KaranBal
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
648 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issue with logging into product

‏2013-03-08T22:14:40Z |
Hi all,
First time installer and user of the mdmcs product. I've followed the installation guide and have managed to install the mdmcs on Linux (after a long battle)

I've started the product using start_local.sh in $TOP/bin/go. Starts ok. I'm able to see the ccd_<server>.war deployed successfully in the WAS admin console.

I've run rim_status.sh and it returns success i.e., all services -appsvr,scheduler,event processor,queuemanager,admin,workflow engine - have started successfully.

I've also created a couple of test companies using the create_cmp.sh scripts. It ran successfully with no errors.

Now, I'm trying to login to the product in a browser (http://hostname:7507/utils/enterLogin.jsp). I put in Admin, trinitron and the company code in.
I'm logged in successfully but the page just hangs there with a 'working' gif. I think its doing something, but I am not too sure what. I tried looking at the $TOP/logs/appsvr_HOSTNAME/exception.log and default.log. No exceptions and the last message in default.log was that the User Admin logged in at <time> and 'The value of globalswpcOnlyAuthentication = true.

I have no idea what this means and also how to go about debugging a fixing this problem. This is first time and I am not even sure what to expect in the next page. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Please ask me if more information is required.

Thanks.
Updated on 2013-03-13T21:16:36Z at 2013-03-13T21:16:36Z by KaranBal
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with logging into product

‏2013-03-10T21:49:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Just to update anyone who is interested.

The problem was the browsers that I was using (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). The homepage after login just hangs in these browsers with lots of Javascript errors.

But, it works fine with IE. ONLY with IE.

Now come on..in this day and age?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      648 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T05:18:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

You should have carefully read the product requirements. Because one says that only IE8 is supported on Windows XP. But if you install version 10.1 you will be able to use IE9 and Windows 7:)
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        648 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-12T11:22:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Alexander, thanks. May be I should've. Would've saved me some pain. :)
        • KaranBal
          KaranBal
          108 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-13T21:16:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Well, the issue with supporting multiple browsers is that they all have different mechanisms. So, if one of the UI screens is an inch out of place or if one of the buttons looks odd, then IBM development would have to correct it via a defect. Thats why only IE is traditionally supported. This is a standard practice for a lot of enterprise software esp where the look and feel of the UI is very important(as is the case with MDMCS).
          There are plans to support firefox and development efforts have been underway since mid 2012. Not sure whether these have been included in the latest 10.1.0 release. Other browsers will still not be supported.