Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-30T14:24:32Z by BillTidy
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Empty paragraphs appear regardless of condition set to remove them

‏2013-03-08T15:12:21Z |
I have set the Object_Heading !="" and Object_Text !="" conditions on the appropriate Paragraph objects in my template. However, I still get multiple empty paragraphs (one or two consecutive blank lines) between headings and paragraphs and paragraphs and tables on every page of my document. I have searched the RPE forums and googled this issue, trying everything I found to no avail. What am I missing that could resolve this issue?
Updated on 2013-03-27T15:52:38Z at 2013-03-27T15:52:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1591 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Empty paragraphs appear regardless of condition set to remove them

‏2013-03-21T13:09:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hey,

the "Object Heading" has a heading style definition associated with it. This causes a paragraph break to be introduced for all these objects. And in your template the "Object Heading" is inside a paragraph which adds a second break. So to get rid of the unwanted empty lines remove the paragraph wrapping the "Text" element holding the "Object Heading" attribute and set the condition directly on the "Text" element.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1299 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T15:52:38Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari
      Thank you, Dragos, that worked on the extra paragraph breaks for the headings. Based on your information, I think I can fix the other extra paragraph breaks.
  • BillTidy
    BillTidy
    69 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-30T14:24:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Although this has already been answered an alternative is to use Containers and put the condition on the Container. In a previous Version (I Forget which exactly) if the condition on the para was not met it did not produce a blank line for objects not matching your data condition but after 1.1.2.something  it started doing that.