Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-28T19:47:13Z by Steve_Brock
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts

Pinned topic Frustrated with IBM's lack of interest of getting our business

‏2013-03-08T00:29:37Z |
Been at a limbo now for about a week in securing either a trial or a cloud based access for an instance of WTX Studio.

As an architect I need it to evaluate the product and formulate an informed conclusion that this is what we need for our current requirement.

I have contacted support twice and I have not received any feedback, all the trial links are dead ends.

Whats more frustrating is that the product documentation in infocenter which is full of verbosity and lacking in examples.

I find at least some useful stuff in the 8.2 redbooks but alas that is just too old to evaluate WTX with and it offers limited discussion on the solution architectures that I am interested with.

What is happening dear product managers of WTX?

So I move now to this forum in the hope someone will help me.
Updated on 2013-03-08T15:34:20Z at 2013-03-08T15:34:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

Re: Frustrated with IBM's lack of interest of getting our business

‏2013-03-08T07:50:49Z  
    can't offer advice on what's happening, but I'm confident the product still gets all the attention it requires at IBM.

The RedBook is not so outdated, as the main principles of the product remain the same (and they are what makes WTX so interesting IMO).

Of course there are new things like the Hypervisor Edition, 64bits support, but this does not change the world's face, at least by my standards.

Hope you'll get the answers you need soon enough, and you'll become a new happy customer of WTX

Laurent
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

‏2013-03-08T15:34:20Z  
    madaig, I am the product manager for WTX, and I'm sorry that you have not gotten the information that you need. The right path to get evaluation software is through you IBM sales rep (if you are currently an IBM customer). If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly: luke_raiano@us.ibm.com

Luke Raiano
  • madaig
    madaig
    1 Post

‏2013-04-17T08:25:57Z  
    madaig, I am the product manager for WTX, and I'm sorry that you have not gotten the information that you need. The right path to get evaluation software is through you IBM sales rep (if you are currently an IBM customer). If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly: luke_raiano@us.ibm.com

Luke Raiano

Luke,

We're currently looking at WTX as a standard tool for model to model transformation services.  However, there are a number of cases where WTX we think overlaps with other products of IBM.  We want to iron out in which problem domain WTX is best suited to and what kind of architecture do we need define as a baseline architecture.

To give you an idea, we are a large insurance firm that processes policy transactions from various source systems across the world.  Our main issue right now is institutionalizing a common model and with it a reference architecture that will support that model transformation services.

Now at first glance WTX would be perfect solution since it supports ACORD, but there is more to our requirement than simply just transformation.  It is also a data processing problem as well.  And as of this writing we do not use ACORD yet as a form of policy transaction interchange format.  What we have is a huge XML.

Initially we though an ETL tool rightly fits this problem domain because we require a lot of heavy processing and since it was very easy within an ETL tool to call database services i.e. stored procedures, we initially went that route.  Unfortunately we have encountered a lot of issues with this approach 1) Performance 2) Mapping XML data to its Relational Equivalent (Shredding) 3) The mapped data needs to recreate the relational db relationships even if the XML only implicitly defines this (as parent-child nodes -- no keys)

Now I know for a fact that WTX in itself is not the panacea to our problem domain, in reality it only answers just a subset.  What we do know is that if we are, as on organization to move to a standardized ACORD model WTX can help.

What I'd like to know is in the interim, what kind of WTX Architecture (and a combination of IBM technologies) could we use to move to that level.

• janhess
    janhess
    764 Posts

‏2013-05-16T13:39:12Z  
    • madaig
    • ‏2013-04-17T08:25:57Z

Luke,

We're currently looking at WTX as a standard tool for model to model transformation services.  However, there are a number of cases where WTX we think overlaps with other products of IBM.  We want to iron out in which problem domain WTX is best suited to and what kind of architecture do we need define as a baseline architecture.

To give you an idea, we are a large insurance firm that processes policy transactions from various source systems across the world.  Our main issue right now is institutionalizing a common model and with it a reference architecture that will support that model transformation services.

Now at first glance WTX would be perfect solution since it supports ACORD, but there is more to our requirement than simply just transformation.  It is also a data processing problem as well.  And as of this writing we do not use ACORD yet as a form of policy transaction interchange format.  What we have is a huge XML.

Initially we though an ETL tool rightly fits this problem domain because we require a lot of heavy processing and since it was very easy within an ETL tool to call database services i.e. stored procedures, we initially went that route.  Unfortunately we have encountered a lot of issues with this approach 1) Performance 2) Mapping XML data to its Relational Equivalent (Shredding) 3) The mapped data needs to recreate the relational db relationships even if the XML only implicitly defines this (as parent-child nodes -- no keys)

Now I know for a fact that WTX in itself is not the panacea to our problem domain, in reality it only answers just a subset.  What we do know is that if we are, as on organization to move to a standardized ACORD model WTX can help.

What I'd like to know is in the interim, what kind of WTX Architecture (and a combination of IBM technologies) could we use to move to that level.

Have you looked at Talend's integration tool set? http://www.talend.com/

• Steve_Brock
    Steve_Brock
    1 Post

‏2013-08-28T19:47:13Z  

Dear Anonymous System Admin,

Please advise if you have received the support  or answers you are looking for in WTX?

I would be glad to assist, to a point.. let me know via email.

thanks,

Steve