• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-20T07:42:52Z by AviA
SanjayPinnamaraju
SanjayPinnamaraju
2 Posts

Pinned topic ITNCM 6.3.0.3 Web login

‏2013-03-07T12:54:32Z |
Hi,
I've installed TNCM started the services. To start with I am not able login to the ITNCM web interface from http://93.183.29.117:7001 due to invalid group or user error, when we tried with Super user created during installation. When I tried to stop itncm services with the same Intelliden user it says 'Please Re-run using the correct Super User credentials.'. I am not even able to reset super user password with icosadmin as suggested by you with 'Error: Unable to log onto R Series'.
I am confident about the password I've been typing in because I've noted it down.
Any suggestion on how I can reset the password in some configuration file or create a new super user(again the problem is the existing super user password).
Please do the needful
Updated on 2013-03-08T14:31:23Z at 2013-03-08T14:31:23Z by SanjayPinnamaraju
  • Ken Tyler
    Ken Tyler
    2 Posts

Re: ITNCM 6.3.0.3 Web login

‏2013-03-07T14:33:40Z  
    First, I would verify the status of the TNCM components by running itncm.sh status. The output should be similar to the following:

IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager Status

Deployment Type = GUI + Worker Server

Base Worker Server = Enabled
    Compliance Core = Enabled

Components

Worker Server = RUNNING
    Compliance Core = RUNNING
    GUI Server = RUNNING

Next, try connecting to the WebSphere Admin console, by connecting to the URL (based on your previous post, it's probably):
    http://93.183.29.117:18100/ibm/console

Log in as Intelliden and your super user password. If you are not able to log in, then your password is definitely the issue.

I did a quick Google search and found this entry:
    http://rajuswargam.blogspot.com/2011/10/forgot-websphere-admin-console-password.html

NOTE - I'm not officially endorsing this technique. You need to determine if you wish to use it or not.

I did a very simple experiment on my test system. The google "tip" recommends manually editting an xml file, and disabling a security setting. On my system, that file is here:
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/netcool/ncm/eWAS/profiles/RSeries/config/cells/dfltCell/security.xml
    I revised the file as described and restarted my TNCM components. When I connected to the WebSphere Admin console, I was prompted for a user id (Intelliden), but NO password. I was able to log in without providing a password. From there, should be able to open:
    Users & Groups => Manage Users. Click the entry for Intelliden, and set the password.

Then, shutdown TNCM, modify security.xml to enable security. Restart TNCM and try logging in with the new password.
  • SanjayPinnamaraju
    SanjayPinnamaraju
    2 Posts

‏2013-03-08T14:31:23Z  
    • Ken Tyler
    • ‏2013-03-07T14:33:40Z
    First, I would verify the status of the TNCM components by running itncm.sh status. The output should be similar to the following:

IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager Status

Deployment Type = GUI + Worker Server

Base Worker Server = Enabled
    Compliance Core = Enabled

Components

Worker Server = RUNNING
    Compliance Core = RUNNING
    GUI Server = RUNNING

Next, try connecting to the WebSphere Admin console, by connecting to the URL (based on your previous post, it's probably):
    http://93.183.29.117:18100/ibm/console

Log in as Intelliden and your super user password. If you are not able to log in, then your password is definitely the issue.

I did a quick Google search and found this entry:
    http://rajuswargam.blogspot.com/2011/10/forgot-websphere-admin-console-password.html

NOTE - I'm not officially endorsing this technique. You need to determine if you wish to use it or not.

I did a very simple experiment on my test system. The google "tip" recommends manually editting an xml file, and disabling a security setting. On my system, that file is here:
    /opt/IBM/tivoli/netcool/ncm/eWAS/profiles/RSeries/config/cells/dfltCell/security.xml
    I revised the file as described and restarted my TNCM components. When I connected to the WebSphere Admin console, I was prompted for a user id (Intelliden), but NO password. I was able to log in without providing a password. From there, should be able to open:
    Users & Groups => Manage Users. Click the entry for Intelliden, and set the password.

Then, shutdown TNCM, modify security.xml to enable security. Restart TNCM and try logging in with the new password.
    Thanks a lot for a quick response and suggestion. It worked and was able to login without any user credentials.
    On logging in, when I tried to change the password for administrator or create a user it gave an error and I guess its because it was not logged in with any specific user.

So re-installed tncm without dropping the existing schema and the problem still persist.
    I am sure its because its using the old credentials saved. Dropped schema and created it again and now I am able to login.

Thanks again
  • AviA
    AviA
    1 Post

‏2013-07-20T07:42:52Z  
    Thanks a lot for a quick response and suggestion. It worked and was able to login without any user credentials.
    On logging in, when I tried to change the password for administrator or create a user it gave an error and I guess its because it was not logged in with any specific user.

So re-installed tncm without dropping the existing schema and the problem still persist.
    I am sure its because its using the old credentials saved. Dropped schema and created it again and now I am able to login.

Thanks again

hi Sanjay,

i am facing the same problem , like unable to login to ITNCM gui, it is saying like username/password invalid or user does not belongs to valid group.

i am having two ITNCM setups , and their database is under HADR one act as primary and other will be secondary.

secondary ITNCM is giving this probelm, can you just let me know how can i solve this.