• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-04T14:30:15Z by l.punit
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic OnTime UCA's V8

‏2013-03-06T15:08:42Z |
Hi,

As you know there are, lest's call them problems, in UCA attachment in process designer v8.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14931293

But now facing other one that is more annoying.
I need a time elapsed UCA, and it's not possible to create by the workaround for the problem identified above. When I drag the Start Message Event to the work area and press "New" to create a new UCA I can only create onEvent UCAs.

In resume I can't attach an UCA and I can't create a time elapsed UCA. So I thought that maybe had changed regarding this type of UCA's but so far as I can see everything stills the same.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wbpm.mon.doc%2Fintro%2Fwhatsnew.html

So, can you tell me if you are facing the same problem and if you have a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
VF

PS: I'm using v8.0.1
Updated on 2013-03-14T21:58:03Z at 2013-03-14T21:58:03Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: OnTime UCA's V8

‏2013-03-14T20:01:17Z  
    Having the same problem on v8.01 Standard. Does anyone know of a work around or if this is listed on the Service Request / PMR database?

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-03-14T20:48:27Z  
    It appears that the Events in 8.0.1 only accept event based UCAs and do not accept time based ones. I checked and the time based UCAs do appear to be permitted as SME in 7.5.1, so it appears that someone regressed the code here. If you need a work around for this you could have your time based UCA call an event UCA when it completes so that you can get the functionality that you need. I would guess that the developer who modified event UCAs to make the "Just pass a variable through" use case better messed up something in that selection list.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-03-14T21:58:03Z  
    Thanks for the reply Andrew. Yes, tried your suggested work-around and was able to get the desired functionality with the additional event based UCA.

Kind regards
    Glen
  • l.punit
    l.punit
    12 Posts

‏2013-06-26T19:00:25Z  
    Thanks for the reply Andrew. Yes, tried your suggested work-around and was able to get the desired functionality with the additional event based UCA.

Kind regards
    Glen

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all fine :).

I have tried creating a time elapsed UCA and scheduled an event but the problem is my UCA is not triggering my BPD. How ever I had put a log inside my GSS service and I was not able to see my log also. From that I got to know UCA is not able to start.

please find the attached screen shot of my UCA. Could anyone please help me and let me know what addition configuration do I need to do to make it start based on the scheduled time.

Attachments

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    861 Posts

‏2013-07-02T02:06:06Z  
    • l.punit
    • ‏2013-06-26T19:00:25Z

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all fine :).

I have tried creating a time elapsed UCA and scheduled an event but the problem is my UCA is not triggering my BPD. How ever I had put a log inside my GSS service and I was not able to see my log also. From that I got to know UCA is not able to start.

please find the attached screen shot of my UCA. Could anyone please help me and let me know what addition configuration do I need to do to make it start based on the scheduled time.

Did you run this test in the Process Center?  To avoid potential problems of having tons of time based UCAs firing that developers no longer care about, time based UCA's do not execute in the process center.  Assuming you are on the Process Center you will need to open up the UCA and click the "Run Now" button to get the UCA to execute.

If you are on a runtime sever (a.k.a. Process Server) and the UCA is not firing, you should file a PMR.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

• l.punit
    l.punit
    12 Posts

‏2013-07-04T14:30:15Z  

Did you run this test in the Process Center?  To avoid potential problems of having tons of time based UCAs firing that developers no longer care about, time based UCA's do not execute in the process center.  Assuming you are on the Process Center you will need to open up the UCA and click the "Run Now" button to get the UCA to execute.

If you are on a runtime sever (a.k.a. Process Server) and the UCA is not firing, you should file a PMR.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

Thanks  Andrew,

Thanks for the answer. Yes u r right, I am in Process Center. Thanks for clarifying my doubt. Yes, I had clicked on RunNow button and it's working fine :)

Thanks

Punit