Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-11T06:15:45Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
483 Posts

Pinned topic Audit process from command line with specified timeframe and csv exported

‏2013-03-06T09:39:34Z |
Hi,
is it possible in Guardium to run from cli a report (as audit process) specifing time range and exporting the results to csv? I would like to run a report for each one day of month (separately) and export to csv file.

In documentation I have found a command create_ad_hoc_audit_and_run_once but documentation does not say how to get ReportId and what kind of parameters I can pass to that command:
"taskParameter All task parameters and the value for each concatenated with
"^^" should be like: PAR1=Val1^^PAR2=Val2^^ etc it is valid to leave a parameter
empty, for example if PAR2 should remain empty it will look like:
PAR1=VAL1^^PAR2=^^PAR3=VAL3^^..."
Thanks,
Marq
Updated on 2013-03-11T06:15:45Z at 2013-03-11T06:15:45Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

Re: Audit process from command line with specified timeframe and csv exported

‏2013-03-06T14:58:58Z  
    Hi, may I know why do you want to configure it from CLI when you can actually do it at the GUI?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-03-07T07:02:29Z  
    Hi, may I know why do you want to configure it from CLI when you can actually do it at the GUI?
    Yes,
    because I want to run the same audit process for x days per 1 day. That means that I want to run audit process containing 8 reports for each day for a month and save the result in csv file (just to be able to export to external system). If I had to do it via gui, I have to run manually 31 audit processess for January. And changing for each report time-frame which is really time consuming.

I cannot run the same audit process for 31 day time frame as the results contains too much data and "table is full" error will be displayed.
    MarQ
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-03-08T12:13:40Z  
    Yes,
    because I want to run the same audit process for x days per 1 day. That means that I want to run audit process containing 8 reports for each day for a month and save the result in csv file (just to be able to export to external system). If I had to do it via gui, I have to run manually 31 audit processess for January. And changing for each report time-frame which is really time consuming.

I cannot run the same audit process for 31 day time frame as the results contains too much data and "table is full" error will be displayed.
    MarQ
    Hi, correct me if my understanding is wrong. So, you want the audit process to run every day for the same 8 reports on every month? And, you want the audit process to export the report to csv file, correct?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-03-11T06:15:45Z  
    Hi, correct me if my understanding is wrong. So, you want the audit process to run every day for the same 8 reports on every month? And, you want the audit process to export the report to csv file, correct?
    I want to run manually one audit process which contains 6 reports for each day seprately, e.g. once for one day, once for the next day, etc. I do not want to do it everyday (scheduled audit process is ok for that), but to do it for x days back. Something like repeat daily audit process fro the past x days.

MarQ