Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-11T06:15:45Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
483 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Audit process from command line with specified timeframe and csv exported

‏2013-03-06T09:39:34Z |
Hi,
is it possible in Guardium to run from cli a report (as audit process) specifing time range and exporting the results to csv? I would like to run a report for each one day of month (separately) and export to csv file.

In documentation I have found a command create_ad_hoc_audit_and_run_once but documentation does not say how to get ReportId and what kind of parameters I can pass to that command:
"taskParameter All task parameters and the value for each concatenated with
"^^" should be like: PAR1=Val1^^PAR2=Val2^^ etc it is valid to leave a parameter
empty, for example if PAR2 should remain empty it will look like:
PAR1=VAL1^^PAR2=^^PAR3=VAL3^^..."
Thanks,
Marq
Updated on 2013-03-11T06:15:45Z at 2013-03-11T06:15:45Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Audit process from command line with specified timeframe and csv exported

‏2013-03-06T14:58:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi, may I know why do you want to configure it from CLI when you can actually do it at the GUI?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      483 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-07T07:02:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Yes,
      because I want to run the same audit process for x days per 1 day. That means that I want to run audit process containing 8 reports for each day for a month and save the result in csv file (just to be able to export to external system). If I had to do it via gui, I have to run manually 31 audit processess for January. And changing for each report time-frame which is really time consuming.

I cannot run the same audit process for 31 day time frame as the results contains too much data and "table is full" error will be displayed.
      MarQ
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        483 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-08T12:13:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi, correct me if my understanding is wrong. So, you want the audit process to run every day for the same 8 reports on every month? And, you want the audit process to export the report to csv file, correct?
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          483 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T06:15:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I want to run manually one audit process which contains 6 reports for each day seprately, e.g. once for one day, once for the next day, etc. I do not want to do it everyday (scheduled audit process is ok for that), but to do it for x days back. Something like repeat daily audit process fro the past x days.

MarQ