4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-06T02:37:22Z by Kevin_Foster
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic breaking import/export connection

‏2013-03-04T16:22:37Z |
hello,

While I'm working on my poc, i'm having really big problem with import/export operator.

I have several operators streaming information with import/export operators. Those are using properties/subscription parameter to identify information.

The problem is, the connection between those operators could not established or even broken while plication is running. Surely it works well more than half of the time. I cannot find any common factor between those cases.

Does anyone can give me some advise or workaround please? I don't have enough time to remove import/export operator.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: breaking import/export connection

‏2013-03-04T16:28:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    here's a capture of streams console to help your understanding
    • DennyHatz
      DennyHatz
      102 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T18:43:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Can you give some more information on this?
      Are the operators connecting then loose connection, or do they fail to connect initially?
      Could you turn on tracing and post the trace files when this occurs?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1245 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-05T13:21:15Z  in response to DennyHatz
        mostly they are not connected from the first beginning. but I could see they're breaking during run time a couple of time.
        My feeling about the situation is that it happens when I could see some FAIL node from the result of streamtool getresourcestate command and not facing this problem at least until now.

But I really doubt I solved the problem and is the common activity of streams - and expect not that problem of one node makes this kind of problem. and about the trace file, it's impossible due to the customer policy.
  • Kevin_Foster
    Kevin_Foster
    98 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-06T02:37:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The only problems that I've seen with Export/Import is when I didn't quite understand how properties work, or when I had some other issue in one of my jobs preventing the connection between jobs. (You can use the Instance Graph to see visually which Imports are finding which Exports.)

As a possible debugging step, maybe add a FileSink with the same input stream as the Export, and another FileSink in the other job with the output stream of the Import. Add a "flush : 1u;" parameter to both.

Then if you find an unexpected difference between the two files maybe share a photo of the source code of both the Export and the Import?

-Kevin