• Latest Post - ‏2013-03-09T02:00:21Z by jtoma
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
704 Posts

Pinned topic TAM ESSO 8.2 hardisk specification requirement

‏2013-03-04T02:32:49Z |
Dear all,

We have some doubt when I want to install TAMESSO in our server,
Is TAMESSO use database frequently, so we need the greater size to install the database,

so I have 1 tera to install TAMESSO, how do I perform the installation ? should I make 2 partition, 1 for database, 1 for the other installation. Or I do not have to create 2 partition, just install the TAMESSO directly in the server

Is there any documentation or any experience regarding my issue ??

Please your advice

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Achmad
Updated on 2013-03-09T02:00:21Z at 2013-03-09T02:00:21Z by jtoma
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

Re: TAM ESSO 8.2 hardisk specification requirement

‏2013-03-04T18:32:15Z  
    I'd recommend you check out the Planning and Deployment Gudie under the Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign On section.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itamesso.doc/welcome.htm

As far as if you should partition your existing drive or not there is no requirement for you to do so and your entire ESSO environment can reside on one system and on one drive.
    I'd recommend that you use best practices to have RAID setup on your drives and a good backup in place prior to starting.

All ESSO information is stored in the IMS Server database.
    Your middleware components that make up ESSO can be contained all on one server or spread over over individual servers.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-03-05T02:32:22Z  
    I'd recommend you check out the Planning and Deployment Gudie under the Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign On section.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itamesso.doc/welcome.htm

As far as if you should partition your existing drive or not there is no requirement for you to do so and your entire ESSO environment can reside on one system and on one drive.
    I'd recommend that you use best practices to have RAID setup on your drives and a good backup in place prior to starting.

All ESSO information is stored in the IMS Server database.
    Your middleware components that make up ESSO can be contained all on one server or spread over over individual servers.
    Dear Daryl,

Thanks for the link before, the link is very useful
    For RAID configuration we plan to use RAID 0 (merge all hardisk into one data storage) because there is another server for disaster recovery.

Also in the link http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itamesso.doc%2Fconcepts%2Fdep_ha.html
    Planning and Deployment Guide, Planning for high availability and disaster recovery, disaster recovery

I am still confused, for disaster recovery should we have to install all of the IMS component in both of the servers including WAS, HTTP Server, IMS Server, is ims server should have the same name (same hostname) also but different IP Address? or we have to make a different hostname and two IP address ?

Please advice

Thanks you fo your support,

Thanks & Regards,
    achmad
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    849 Posts

‏2013-03-09T02:00:21Z  
    Dear Daryl,

Thanks for the link before, the link is very useful
    For RAID configuration we plan to use RAID 0 (merge all hardisk into one data storage) because there is another server for disaster recovery.

Also in the link http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itamesso.doc%2Fconcepts%2Fdep_ha.html
    Planning and Deployment Guide, Planning for high availability and disaster recovery, disaster recovery

I am still confused, for disaster recovery should we have to install all of the IMS component in both of the servers including WAS, HTTP Server, IMS Server, is ims server should have the same name (same hostname) also but different IP Address? or we have to make a different hostname and two IP address ?

Please advice

Thanks you fo your support,

Thanks & Regards,
    achmad
    There are many different way to achieve DR. The easiest, is to have a replica of the IMS and database and simply redirect the load balancer (or DNS entry if it's a single server) to the DR servers.

It is not necessary for the DR servers to have the same hostname as the primary servers as long as you can redirect requests (either via load balancer or DNS changes) and assuming the certs are configured correctly on the DR servers.