IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-06T14:07:48Z by warrenm1
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
403 Posts

Pinned topic Login in HTML5

‏2013-03-03T09:24:18Z |
Hi,
I am failing to record login process in a HTML5 technology web application. after login is finished, I get a pop-up asking for my credentials (although I've recorded login). the scan does not properly work if I type the credentials in the pop-up.
I'm using AppScan Standard V8.6.
Can anybody assist please?
shaiga@amdocs.com
Thanx
Updated on 2013-03-06T14:07:48Z at 2013-03-06T14:07:48Z by warrenm1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    403 Posts

Re: Login in HTML5

‏2013-03-05T20:58:46Z  
    Sounds like you have an in-session detection issue.
    That would require reviewing ESM logs.
    You should open a PMR and ask Support to assist you.
  • warrenm1
    warrenm1
    224 Posts

Re: Login in HTML5

‏2013-03-06T14:07:48Z  
    Hi,

Also FYI the popup you get after recording the login is what Appscan will place at the bottom of the automatic formfill section for the username and password paramaeters . These values are used to identify what is a login parameter/page which is used in certian appscan tests/settings (settings like 'do not test login/logout pages', or tests like 'login enumeration'). Aside from that the values supplied are really only used/needed functionally as a part of the login sequence when the target login uses encrypted username/password values and you need to supply the unencrypted inputs to be used by those functions in the target app.

Per the previous POST you likely have an unrelated session issue, most of these can be resolved using the techniques ins the following technote:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21283302

If you have trouble with that open a pmr per the previous post.

Regards,