3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-04T13:43:04Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7929 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Probability for jobs to move from one machine to the other

‏2013-03-02T17:23:15Z |
Hi,

I am writing a code in "IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio" to sequence jobs on 2 machines (to minimize total weighted tardiness). A .mod tab has the code while the .dat tab has the data.

The 2 machine system I am trying to set up is as follows:
1. We need to sequence jobs on the 1st machine.
2. Then (after completing 1st machine), the jobs have a 10% probability of going to the second machine, and a 90% probability of leaving the system (after completing 1st machine).
3. Again, if it goes to the second machine (based on 10% probability), it has to return to the 1st machine.
4. Upon returning to the 1st machine and completing the processing(for a second time), it should leave the system.

Presently, I am coding as below, which means that it will go from machine 1 to 2 (100% prob.), and then back to machine 1 before leaving the system. The tuplet represents the Machine # and the Processing time at that machine.

<0,17>, <1,9>, <0,17> {Machine 0 represents first machine, while 1 represents second machine}.

Is there a way that I can include a probability parameter to code it as required? Please help!!!!

Thanks and Regards,
  • Venki.
Updated on 2013-03-04T13:43:04Z at 2013-03-04T13:43:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Probability for jobs to move from one machine to the other

‏2013-03-02T21:15:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This being an OPL question, I would suggest trying the OPL forum.

Paul

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: whenever you say something to them, they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something entirely different. (Goethe)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7929 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-03T15:57:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post. I am new to the CPLEX coding. Could you please let me know if https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=2053&start=0 is the forum you are referring to? If not, could you paste the link to the OPL forum?

Thanks,
      • Venki.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7929 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T13:43:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Yes, that is the Forum where you should ask your question.