2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-06T07:47:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1283 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic netcool omnibus default time for clearing events

‏2013-03-01T19:18:32Z |
Hi,
i am receiving some events from another object server using Uni-D-GW, i want to know that after how much time the events are cleared from the object server, also what is the default trigger to clear events from object server, because i want to set the object server to contain some event till clear alarm received for those event , otherwise they should be available.
Updated on 2013-03-06T07:47:59Z at 2013-03-06T07:47:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1283 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: netcool omnibus default time for clearing events

‏2013-03-03T05:03:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi John,

There will be number of ways how an alarm can be cleared from the Objectserver, may be a user can clear it, through automations/triggers, or by receiving a clear alarm etc. I think that may be starting point to identify how your alarms are getting cleared. I think once you identify how an alarm is getting cleared, you will be able to block that alarm from clearing, You can do that through combination of rules/automations.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1283 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: netcool omnibus default time for clearing events

‏2013-03-06T07:47:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi John,

Are you using tiered architecture?
    By default, there is no specific time for the events to get cleared.
    A alarm will be cleared by default in the following cases
    1) Resolution/Clear alarm comes in, and the related problem alarm is resolved. Once the problem alarm is resolved i.e., Severity becomes zero, then a trigger named delete_clears will delete the alarm in 120 seconds(by default
    2) Expire Interval is set to the alarm is breached. In this case the expire trigger will clear any event where the LastOccurrence is more than the ExpireTime number of seconds ago. The delete_clears trigger will subsequently delete the cleared event two minutes later if no further changes are made to the event (ie. the StateChange field is not updated)
    3) User manually suppress the alarm severity to zero
    4) Event suppression logic is written using triggers/netcool impact

To answer your last question You need not worry about problem events getting cleared until clear alarms are received. This is a default functionality of OMNIbus. This concept is called as event correlation.

Thanks
    Vamsi