Topic
  • 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-12-15T22:25:10Z by Jakub Gawkowski
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1316 Posts

Pinned topic LCOA004I The comm thread was unable to create the user profile.

‏2013-02-28T22:34:13Z |
Problem
Logon failed. User 'xxxxmtl01' was rejected by Connect:Direct node 'SERVERNAME'.

Technical Message
SERVERNAME: LCOA004I The comm thread was unable to create the user profile. CCOD=8 FDBK=0
I cannot get past this message when trying to attach to the local node. The account is in the local admin group and passwords match.

Any idea?
Updated on 2013-03-15T08:58:28Z at 2013-03-15T08:58:28Z by VolkerFriedrich
  • VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

Re: LCOA004I The comm thread was unable to create the user profile.

‏2013-03-01T09:09:29Z  
    It looks like the user is unknown to Connect:Direct. It cannot create a user profile.

Users need to be defined within Connect:Direct, too. Not just in the OS.
    Under Functional Authorities, either add the userid directly or add an OS group where this user is a member of.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1316 Posts

‏2013-03-01T15:37:56Z  
    It looks like the user is unknown to Connect:Direct. It cannot create a user profile.

Users need to be defined within Connect:Direct, too. Not just in the OS.
    Under Functional Authorities, either add the userid directly or add an OS group where this user is a member of.
    I can't do that because I need to authenticate and it won't allow me to.
  • VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

‏2013-03-01T16:56:40Z  
    I can't do that because I need to authenticate and it won't allow me to.
    Try to authenticate with the userid who installed the product. This is the only userid that has access after a fresh installation (unless you had imported a User.cfg file).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1316 Posts

‏2013-03-04T17:47:00Z  
    Try to authenticate with the userid who installed the product. This is the only userid that has access after a fresh installation (unless you had imported a User.cfg file).
    How do you authenticate with a domain account? What is the syntax? domain\userid or userid@domain.com?
  • VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

‏2013-03-05T08:05:09Z  
    How do you authenticate with a domain account? What is the syntax? domain\userid or userid@domain.com?
    If you want to be specific about the domain or AD tree, go with User-Principal-Name (UPN), for example userid@domain or userid@sales.westcoast.microsoft.com.

If userid does not exist as a local user, using just userid would work, too. The OS would look for the account locally first and then look for it in the domain.

In both cases, the name you define in Connect:Direct needs to match the name you enter at the logon.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1316 Posts

‏2013-03-14T18:27:39Z  
    If you want to be specific about the domain or AD tree, go with User-Principal-Name (UPN), for example userid@domain or userid@sales.westcoast.microsoft.com.

If userid does not exist as a local user, using just userid would work, too. The OS would look for the account locally first and then look for it in the domain.

In both cases, the name you define in Connect:Direct needs to match the name you enter at the logon.
    This still isn't working for me

I am installing the app with my domain account

I add the node

I enter my user ID (have tried entering "username@domain.com" , "username@domain" and just "username"..Nothing works

My acct is in the local administrators group, so it's not a rights issue.
  • VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

‏2013-03-15T08:58:28Z  

I add the node

I enter my user ID (have tried entering "username@domain.com" , "username@domain" and just "username"..Nothing works

For the initial logon to Connect:Direct, it will likely just be "username", where username is the account used during the installation of Connect:Direct.
    Make sure there is no account defined locally on the system with the same name but a different password. If so, try this other password.

Once you are logged in to Connect:Direct, you can add more local users (Functional Authorities), like "username@domain.com" or "username@domain".

As you said, LCOA004I is not a rights issue. Basically it is about Connect:Direct not knowing you.
    You may want to get some help from IBM support.
  • Siwen.Lu@sc.com
    Siwen.Lu@sc.com
    2 Posts

‏2014-10-28T07:32:06Z  

I add the node

HI brother

I met the same issues for you , finally, how to solve?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

‏2014-10-28T16:13:31Z  

HI brother

I met the same issues for you , finally, how to solve?

LCOA004I indicates that the user you are trying to login with has not been configured in Connect:Direct yet.

Logon to your Connect:Direct node with an appropriate CD admin account and add the desired username (or group) under Functional Authorities.

• Siwen.Lu@sc.com
    Siwen.Lu@sc.com
    2 Posts

‏2014-10-29T02:42:17Z  

LCOA004I indicates that the user you are trying to login with has not been configured in Connect:Direct yet.

Logon to your Connect:Direct node with an appropriate CD admin account and add the desired username (or group) under Functional Authorities.

my environment is windows 2003 & Connect D 4.6 , whether need  whether need to satisfy the following conditions

ID that login windows server must be CDadmin(whether need create a  local ID in server ?)

ID that login Connect D must be CDadmin ?

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    178 Posts

‏2014-10-29T10:15:53Z  

my environment is windows 2003 & Connect D 4.6 , whether need  whether need to satisfy the following conditions

ID that login windows server must be CDadmin(whether need create a  local ID in server ?)

ID that login Connect D must be CDadmin ?

No, you can configure any account in Connect:Direct, whether it is a local OS account or defined in a domain/AD, as long at it has been granted 'Log on locally' permission on the Connect:Direct server.

When specifying a username only, the OS must be able to authenticate this account locally or in the domain.

For domain accounts, it will help to specify them in UPN, like <user>@<domain or AD path>, to avoid ambiguity.

The classic "user\domain" notation will not work in Connect:Direct.

• Jakub Gawkowski
    Jakub Gawkowski
    2 Posts

‏2014-12-15T22:24:57Z  

Please ensure that:

1. Local user ID (local account or domain) already defined under Connect:Direct configuration

2. OS is authenticated this account locally or in the domain.

3. Grant permissions "Allow Logon Locally"

4. Home directory present and writable

5. if required, revert System/Application Events for more details. 

• Jakub Gawkowski
    Jakub Gawkowski
    2 Posts

‏2014-12-15T22:25:10Z  

Please ensure that:

1. Local user ID (local account or domain) already defined under Connect:Direct configuration

2. OS is authenticated this account locally or in the domain.

3. Grant permissions "Allow Logon Locally"

4. Home directory present and writable

5. if required, revert System/Application Events for more details.