Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-28T17:43:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
67 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JDBC Adapter and Java Stored Procedure

‏2013-02-28T16:37:52Z |
As far as I Know a Java stored procedure is a stored procedure written in Java, which can be called from an external java client using jdbc callable statement, exactly as any other pl/sql stored procedure. So does Websphere JDBC Adapter on ESB or WPS support invoking java stored procedure as any other stored procedure? RDBMS is oracle 11g, WPS/WAS/JBC Adapter version is 7.0.x . (I haven't found a clear infocenter reference on this, and I don't have customer's reference to its java stored procedures and database yet to test directly).
Thanks
MM
Updated on 2013-02-28T17:43:49Z at 2013-02-28T17:43:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JDBC Adapter and Java Stored Procedure

‏2013-02-28T17:16:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I found on infocenter http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/topic/com.ibm.wsadapters.jca.jdbc.doc/doc/cjdb_storedfunctionsov.html the following statement:
    For Oracle databases, the adapter supports stored functions that a user creates with the CREATE FUNCTION statement. Although this type of function is sometimes called a user-defined function (UDF), that term more refers to a Java™ stored function or procedure, which the adapter does not support.

I am not really sure to understand: does it mean there is no support to java stored procedure at all?
    MM
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JDBC Adapter and Java Stored Procedure

‏2013-02-28T17:43:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi MM,

Java stored function or procedure is not supported by JDBC adapter since they do not get represented to the adapter as a business object.

Thanks,
    Vinod