Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-28T16:13:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
310 Posts

Pinned topic Compare 2 resource profiles

‏2013-02-28T10:02:14Z |
I have 2 profiles in the APPL class - lets call the APPL1 and APPL2 - with a lot of groups and users on the ACL.
Is there an easy way in zSecure to produce a list over how the ACLs differ between the to profiles - meaning what users do only have access to resource1 APPL1 respectively APPL2?

:-)
Lasse
Updated on 2013-02-28T16:13:44Z at 2013-02-28T16:13:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • Tom.Zeehandelaar
    Tom.Zeehandelaar
    144 Posts

Re: Compare 2 resource profiles

‏2013-02-28T11:23:55Z  
    Hi Lars,

there is a simple CARLa program that you could use to report the different IDs that are permitted on the ACLs of the pertinent APPL profiles. However, this program does not take into account the access level that is permitted. So if a user or group ID has NONE on profile APPL1 and READ on APLL2, that difference does not show.
    This program reports only the user or group IDs that are permitted (with any access level) on only one of the two involved APPL profiles.

newlist type=racf empty=
    'Permitted IDS on involved profiles are equal', t=
    'IDs that are permitted on only on one of the APPL profiles' select class=appl segment=base key=(omvsappl,ussappl) sortlist key(
    'APPL profile name') summary userid count(<2,nd)

This is what the result might look like. Be aware that I have artificially created this situation on my system by copying profile OMVSAPPL to USSAPPL and then remove one permit and adding another.

P R O F I L E   L I S T I N G   28 Feb 2013 06:21 IDs that are permitted on only on one of the APPL profiles   User/grp APPL profile name CRMBOP1 OMVSAPPL CRMBTZ3 USSAPPL

This report shows that ID CRMBOP1 is permitted only to APPL profile OMVSAPPL and ID CRMBTZ3 is permitted only to APPL profile USSAPPL.
    Would this program suffice for your purpose?

Best regards Tom Zeehandelaar
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    310 Posts

‏2013-02-28T12:46:39Z  
    This is why I love zSecure

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    310 Posts

‏2013-02-28T16:13:44Z  
    This is why I love zSecure

Truly a unique and one of kind product. I agree. :)

Go zSecure! :-)