Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-28T08:35:57Z by reital
iseriesdba
iseriesdba
2 Posts

Pinned topic Find missing relationships between Diagram and Database

‏2013-02-27T19:00:07Z |
Running a Compare of the Schema in Data Project Explorer with the Schema in the Database Connections shows no differences. (this is correct) Now, I would like to compare the DIAGRAM with either the Schema in the Data Project Explorer or Database Connection, to find what is missing in my Diagram. How do I do this?

In my diagram, I have a table that is showing NO relationships, however, I know that it is related to another table. I can fix this, but I need to identify ALL missing relationships in my diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Updated on 2013-02-28T08:35:57Z at 2013-02-28T08:35:57Z by reital
  • dtc
    dtc
    63 Posts

Re: Find missing relationships between Diagram and Database

‏2013-02-27T19:23:40Z  
    In a diagram you can select a table, right click and select "Show Related Elements", which will add all related tables to the diagram.
  • iseriesdba
    iseriesdba
    2 Posts

‏2013-02-27T20:20:33Z  
    • dtc
    • ‏2013-02-27T19:23:40Z
    In a diagram you can select a table, right click and select "Show Related Elements", which will add all related tables to the diagram.
    Thank you. That worked for that table. Is there a way to do a compare of the entire diagram to see if other tables or their relationships are missing? Do I have to do each table individually?
  • jyeh
    jyeh
    39 Posts

‏2013-02-27T20:56:52Z  
    Thank you. That worked for that table. Is there a way to do a compare of the entire diagram to see if other tables or their relationships are missing? Do I have to do each table individually?
    There is no way to compare and synchronize the diagrams. Using the show related elements menu is probably the best way to add all the missing relationships. Alternatively, you can use Navigate > Show in > Data Project Explorer to locate the table and then drag the foreign key objects under the table into the diagram.

Thanks,
    Joseph
  • reital
    reital
    58 Posts

‏2013-02-28T08:35:57Z  
    Hi iseriesdba

You can try right click a blank area of diagram and invoke "show implicit Relationships" , For very big diagram this is not a good choice .

Thanks .
    -Tao