Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-05T20:09:10Z by jrbauer
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JPA problems on application start up

‏2013-02-27T15:29:26Z |
I filed a beta bug about this too, but I'm hoping that more people will see things with this post.

I generated JPA entities from my database, and put it in an ear, and deployed it to the beta runtime. On application startup, I get the following:

Launching first (wlp-1.0.1.20130114-1801/websphere-kernel_1.0.1) on IBM J9 VM, version pxi3270sr3-20121025_01 (SR3) (en_US)
AUDIT CWWKE0001I: The server first has been launched.
INFO CWWKF0007I: Feature update started.
INFO CWWKE0002I: The kernel started after 1.693
INFO CWWKS0007I: The security service is starting...
INFO CWWKO0219I: TCP Channel defaultHttpEndpoint has been started and is now listening for requests on host localhost (IPv4: 127.0.0.1) port 9080.
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.lang.NullPointerException com.ibm.ws.config.internal.cm.ManagedServiceFactoryTracker aSyncReadNupdate. Exception thrown while trying to read configuration and update ManagedServiceFactory. Exception = java.lang.NullPointerException" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.58.0.log
AUDIT J2CA8004I: The dataSource default-0 is available as jdbc/promoDS.
AUDIT J2CA8000I: The jdbcDriver DB2_JDBC_Driver is available.
INFO CWWKS4105I: LTPA configuration is ready after 0.90 seconds.
AUDIT CWWKZ0058I: Monitoring dropins for applications.
INFO CWWKZ0018I: Starting application promotions.
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.lang.NullPointerException com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JaxbUnmarshaller.unmarshal 109" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.59.0.log
ERROR CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in the /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ file. The following associated error message occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "javax.persistence.PersistenceException: CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ for application promotions module lib/promotions-entities.jar. The following associated error occurred: com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.internal.ApplicationStateManager 32" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.59.1.log
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.StateChangeException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ for application promotions module lib/promotions-entities.jar. The following associated error occurred: com.ibm.ws.app.manager.module.internal.DeployedAppInfo 194" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.59.2.log
ERROR CWWKZ0106E: Could not start web application promotions.
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.StateChangeException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ for application promotions module lib/promotions-entities.jar. The following associated error occurred: com.ibm.ws.threading.internal.FutureMonitorImpl$FutureMonitorInfo 54" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.59.3.log
INFO FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.StateChangeException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ for application promotions module lib/promotions-entities.jar. The following associated error occurred: com.ibm.ws.app.manager.internal.statemachine.StartAction$1 applicationStartFail" at ffdc_13.02.27_10.28.59.4.log
ERROR CWWKZ0002E: An exception occurred while starting the application promotions. The exception message was: com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.StateChangeException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: CWWJP0018E: Incorrect syntax or error detected in /home/zaphod/beta-eclipse/workspaces/initial/promotions-entities/build/classes/ for application promotions module lib/promotions-entities.jar. The following associated error occurred:
INFO CWWKF0008I: Feature update completed in 1.588 seconds.
AUDIT CWWKF0011I: The server first is ready to run a smarter planet.
The trace.log is attached below, and it shows a long stack trace. Hope someone knows what I need to fix

Thanks,
Kenneth

Attachments

• jrbauer
    jrbauer
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JPA problems on application start up

‏2013-03-04T15:42:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Kenneth,

Thanks so much for posting a trace. The server is failing while processing your persistence.xml. I have a couple guesses as to why, but nothing certain. If possible, please also post your persistence.xml and server.xml. Feel free to mask out any information you'd rather not share (class names, etc.).

-Jeremy
    • jrbauer
      jrbauer
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JPA problems on application start up

‏2013-03-05T20:09:10Z  in response to jrbauer
      I worked with Kenneth on this issue and it turned out to be a known incompatibility with the jaxb-2.2 feature and JPA. The Liberty team is currently working on a resolution for this issue. Removing the jaxb-2.2 feature from the server.xml eliminated the exception.

-Jeremy