Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-04T23:26:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Display Issues & Searching Issues - IBM Content Manger Repository BackEnd

‏2013-02-27T15:01:30Z |
ICN Mobile and ICN Server both running v2.0.1 with Content Manger v8.4.3

A) Display compressed jpg photos - our compressed jpg photos do not render on the iPad with ICN Mobile Application
B) Unable to perform generic searches, can't find the method or ability to choose multiple different Content Manger Index Types to choose from a drop down list
C) Unable to see more than page 1 of our documents. Our documents are Multi-Part documents and we tested with a 15 page TIFF file but only page 1 display's to the user.

Can anyone help isolate these issues.
Updated on 2013-03-04T23:26:38Z at 2013-03-04T23:26:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • damorris
    damorris
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Display Issues & Searching Issues - IBM Content Manger Repository BackEnd

‏2013-02-27T15:13:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    A) I believe we have the app set up so that for any standard file types that iOS can view, we simply let iOS handle that. Translation, if that doesn't work for your jpg files then I would say something is invalid in the compression or iOS has a bug.
    B) Do you mean you want to create new searches on the device? If so, that's not something we support yet. You have to create and save the searches in the web application and then you can run them on the mobile device. Creating / editing searches on the mobile device is a feature we have on the backlog that we'll consider for the future.
    C) If you mean a multi-part CM8 Document model document, then this is working as expected since we don't support viewing the other parts on the mobile device or in the web application today. I don't believe eClient or pClient does either outside of viewing annotations.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-27T18:23:23Z  in response to damorris
      Thanks much for the quick reply!

A) The JPG file is a standard compressed image output from Kofax Ascent Capture or now known as Kofax Capture. I will check into that further but I believe their file formats are standard.
      B) Yes create new searches on the device, because we have users that will need to perform dynamic searching. I guess they all could pre-save searches that they think they might ever use for later use on the iPad.
      C) Multi-Part CM8 support is found in ICN with the Thin-Client viewer and Applet Viewer. We have used this with eClient and now WEBi with Applet Viewers. If the iPad can't do multi-part documents than we can't use it at all because all of our documents stored are Multi-Part CM8 documents and the first page only of course is not too useful at all for us.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        41 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T23:26:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        TomE, can you send us a sample image that will not work from your environment? We can put it in a CM8.4.3 server on our end and try it with 2.0.1 of the app and the server. If you want to include all the metadata you have as set in CM8 (including the mime type, most importantly, as it's possible that somehow Kofax is setting that to something we don't expect in the mobile app, yet still works in the viewers in the web app), that would be helpful too. Maybe just get a blank piece of paper scanned or something if you're concerned about what you share/post, but do make sure that it is in fact not working still.