Hello,

I have the following errpt log message on one of our partitions:
LABEL: REPLACED_FRU
Date/Time: Tue Feb 26 09:45:27 CET 2013
Type: INFO
Resource Name: fscsi0
Description
REPAIR ACTION

This is a virtual lpar. Where can I find what repair action has been performed?
Updated on 2013-02-26T10:41:09Z at 2013-02-26T10:41:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6907 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is REPLACED_FRU

‏2013-02-26T10:30:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    May be following links will be helpfull

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic=/p7eall/p7eal_replacingfrus_faultindications.htm

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=234739
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6907 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is REPLACED_FRU

‏2013-02-26T10:41:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hey MGuner,

Thanks for you reply. The first article is not applicable I think. We did not replace anything. I found the second link already, but that does not clarify where I can find what happened that caused this message, cause I did not run a diag. I did close a service event this morning on the HMC and that could be related. The service message was:

Error Log Analysis has detected multiple link errors. These errors can be caused by loose or defective cables or the Fibre Channel adapter. Check all cables and their connections. Run advanced diagnostics to ensure the adapter link module is functioning properly.

Maybe some clarification is what you need. We recently rebooted several lpars due to this service event, because there were no hardware issues (they had some messages in the errpt log that was related to fscsi link errors). After the reboot, the problem was solved and the error messages did not appear anymore in the errpt log. We rebooted the last lpar that had this issue yesterday evening and closed the service event this morning to see if the error re-occurs. It could be that these messages are related (Replaced_fru and previous fscsi link errors), but I am not sure.