Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-02-26T16:30:59Z by kolban
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there a WSDL first method for creating Process Designer SOAP Web Service

‏2013-02-26T07:31:58Z |
I want a SOAP Web Service to initiate the workflow in Process Designer. I see how to create the Web Service associated with a System Service and its properties with a UCA to listen for the SOAP Operations.

What I want to do is take a WSDL file I already have and generate the web service that passes the payload into my Process created with the Process Designer.

I played with using a DataPower device to publish the WSDL and then route the payload to am MQ to initate my workflow, so that's one option, I just want to know what other options i might have and WSDL first is a pattern I am used to and like.

Ollie
Updated on 2013-02-26T16:30:59Z at 2013-02-26T16:30:59Z by kolban
  • kolban
    kolban
    3314 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a WSDL first method for creating Process Designer SOAP Web Service

‏2013-02-26T16:30:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Using IBM BPM Advanced, you can expose a Web Service with any signature you like. When the BPM Advanced SCA message flow is initiated by a Web Service caller, the SCA module can then invoke the process. This would be one solution.

I am not aware of any way that we can ask BPM Standard to expose a Web Service with any signature other than the one it chooses to expose.

Neil