Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-26T10:15:16Z by UteBaumbach
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
42 Posts

Pinned topic WLM collection rate in Monitoring Config screen versus WLM_COLLECT_INT

‏2013-02-25T19:54:09Z |
Hi OPM Team,

What's the relation or how OPM handles the difference between the collection rate in the Monitoring Configuration wizard versus the value set in WLM_COLLECT_INT when they both are different?. The database I setup OPM to monitor has WLM_COLLECT_INT=60 and the collection rate I specified in OPM for WL=30. It seems the histograms only show different information whenever I set the time slide bar to 1 hour lapse and if I set the slide bar to 30 min lapse and scroll through time, the data differs only after I slide the bar two times (which is 60 min).

Thanks
Updated on 2013-02-26T10:15:16Z at 2013-02-26T10:15:16Z by UteBaumbach
  • UteBaumbach
    UteBaumbach
    55 Posts

Re: WLM collection rate in Monitoring Config screen versus WLM_COLLECT_INT

‏2013-02-26T10:15:16Z  
    Hi,
    if the WLM_COLLECT_INT parameter is set then this value is used to flush the statistic event monitor and therefore this is also the collection interval OPM uses.
    If the WLM_COLLECT_INT parameter is set to 0 then the collection interval specified in the OPM configuration is used to flush the statistic event monitor using the WLM_COLLECT_STATS procedure.
    OPM does not change the WLM_COLLECT_INT parameter, but uses the set value.

Recommended is to set WLM_COLLECT_INT to 0 so that the event monitor can be flushed in the interval that is specified in the OPM configuration.

Best regards,
    Ute Baumbach