Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-02-19T17:18:13Z by Herberius
rwgoebel
rwgoebel
49 Posts

Pinned topic Fatal Export Error [JBDG_F0003]

‏2013-02-25T18:37:17Z |
I am using IDA 8.1.0 sharing eclipse with RTC 3.0.1.3 on Windows XP workstation. I am trying to export a logical data model to an Excel spreadhsheet but it is failing as shown in the export messages listed below. I have set my CLASSPATH in Windows to include the latest installed version of java as shown here CLASSPATH=.;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc_license_cu.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\common.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
IDA EXPORT ERROR:

<INFO> MIMB process ID=8136
<INFO> System Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz at 2526 MHz with 2047 MB RAM
<INFO> System Software: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 x86 on IBM-542B3BDD57E with Office: 10.0
<INFO> System encoding: Western European (windows-1252)
<INFO> Import tool: IBM InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA) 6.1 to 8.x (http://www.ibm.com/software/data/integration/rda/)
<INFO> Import interface: Data Modeling Data Store (Physical Data Model, Logical Data Model, Expression Parsing), Graphical Layout via Java API on LDM or DBM XML File from IbmRationalDataArchitect <2013-02-25 12:26:18>
<INFO> Import bridge: 'IbmRationalDataArchitect' 7.0.3 - 2012-03-23 21:45:49
<INFO> Version = 8.1.0
<INFO> File = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\SAMPLE\SAMPLE.ldm
<INFO> Import dimensional diagrams as = Relational and dimensional
<INFO> Installation directory = C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert
<FATAL> JBDG_F0003 Cannot start the Java Virtual Machine. Check your CLASSPATH
<INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-23': MIRStd.dll, MIRXMLWriter.dll, MIRDOM.dll, MIRSAX2Parser.dll, MIRXMLSerialization.dll, MIR.dll, MIRValidation.dll, MIRExpressionAnalyzer.dll, MIRFunctionMapping.dll, MIRManager.dll, MIRMappingSpecification.dll, MIRIbmRationalDataArchitectImport.dll, MIRJavaBridges.dll
<INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-27': MIRModelBridge.dll, MIRBridgeLib.dll
<INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-29': MIRDataTypeLib.dll
<ERROR> The tool failed with error code ERROR_IMPORT

any suggestions?
Updated on 2013-02-26T14:28:18Z at 2013-02-26T14:28:18Z by rraddatz
  • rraddatz
    rraddatz
    55 Posts

Re: Fatal Export Error [JBDG_F0003]

‏2013-02-25T18:48:02Z  
    Even though this document is written for IDA 7.5, it still applies:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21330647

If you have trouble understanding anything in here, please reply and I'll help.

Thanks,
    Robin
  • rwgoebel
    rwgoebel
    49 Posts

‏2013-02-25T21:26:13Z  
    • rraddatz
    • ‏2013-02-25T18:48:02Z
    Even though this document is written for IDA 7.5, it still applies:

If you have trouble understanding anything in here, please reply and I'll help.

Thanks,
    Robin
    Hi Robin:

Ok, I read the description of the solution in your link, but it was not too clear. I have attached a zip file with a jpg file that lists all of the directories when javaw.exe is on my workstation, but I don't know which one to use. I know that IDA 8.1.0 is located C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert and that the latest version of java is located in C:\Program Files\Jave\jre7. The attached zip file also includes my MIRSetup.xml file because I don't know exactly have to format the <Executable> line.
  • rraddatz
    rraddatz
    55 Posts

‏2013-02-25T22:24:55Z  
    • rwgoebel
    • ‏2013-02-25T21:26:13Z
    Hi Robin:

Ok, I read the description of the solution in your link, but it was not too clear. I have attached a zip file with a jpg file that lists all of the directories when javaw.exe is on my workstation, but I don't know which one to use. I know that IDA 8.1.0 is located C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert and that the latest version of java is located in C:\Program Files\Jave\jre7. The attached zip file also includes my MIRSetup.xml file because I don't know exactly have to format the <Executable> line.
    I'm not familiar with IDA getting installed in a TeamConcert directory, but if IDA 8.1.0 is installed in c:\program files\ibm\teamconcert, you need to change the following line in your MIRSetup.xml:

<Executable>..\..\..\..\..\IDA8.1.0\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

to

<Executable>c:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

Also, you will need to modify the following line:

<Data>..\..\..\..\..\IDA8.1.0\mitiloc</Data>

to

<Data>c:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\mitiloc</Data>

If you don't see mitiloc (temporary miti directory) in this location, let me know.
  • rwgoebel
    rwgoebel
    49 Posts

‏2013-02-26T14:12:48Z  
    • rraddatz
    • ‏2013-02-25T22:24:55Z
    I'm not familiar with IDA getting installed in a TeamConcert directory, but if IDA 8.1.0 is installed in c:\program files\ibm\teamconcert, you need to change the following line in your MIRSetup.xml:

<Executable>..\..\..\..\..\IDA8.1.0\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

to

<Executable>c:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

Also, you will need to modify the following line:

<Data>..\..\..\..\..\IDA8.1.0\mitiloc</Data>

to

<Data>c:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\mitiloc</Data>

If you don't see mitiloc (temporary miti directory) in this location, let me know.
    Hi Robin:

I may the changes to the MIRSetup.xml file and tried the export. Now I am receiving different errors. Here are the output messages from the export:

<INFO> MIMB process ID=212
    <INFO> System Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz at 2527 MHz with 2047 MB RAM
    <INFO> System Software: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 x86 on IBM-542B3BDD57E with Office: 10.0
    <INFO> Import tool: IBM InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA) 6.1 to 8.x (http://www.ibm.com/software/data/integration/rda/)
    <INFO> Import interface: Data Modeling Data Store (Physical Data Model, Logical Data Model, Expression Parsing), Graphical Layout via Java API on LDM or DBM XML File from IbmRationalDataArchitect <2013-02-26 08:10:05>
    <INFO> Version = 8.1.0
    <INFO> File = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\SAMPLE\SAMPLE.ldm
    <INFO> Started IBM Corporation JVM 1.6.0 in C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre. Custom options: MaximumMemory:512m
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-23': MIRIbmRationalDataArchitect810.jar, MIR.jar, MIRUtil.jar
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-27': MIRModelBridge.jar
    <STATUS> Loading file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\SAMPLE\SAMPLE.ldm...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FMSIMP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRS' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSCD' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSENV' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSTEMP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'MAPDM' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'MAPREF' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'ONETEAM' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'STAGING' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'STAGING_1' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOPT' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'Adaptive Scheduler' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOP5' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Domains...
    <STATUS> Processing Relationships...
    <STATUS> Processing Generalizations...
    <STATUS> Processing Diagram 'Build all MAP Accounts' ...
    <FATAL> Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIRSDK_F0004 Illegal Argument: Cannot add the same ModelElement to Diagram
    <FATAL> MBCM_E0045 The model could not be imported.
    <FATAL> JBDG_F0006 The import bridge failed
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-23': MIRStd.dll, MIRXMLWriter.dll, MIRDOM.dll, MIRSAX2Parser.dll, MIRXMLSerialization.dll, MIR.dll, MIRValidation.dll, MIRExpressionAnalyzer.dll, MIRFunctionMapping.dll, MIRManager.dll, MIRMappingSpecification.dll, MIRIbmRationalDataArchitectImport.dll, MIRJavaBridges.dll
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-27': MIRModelBridge.dll, MIRBridgeLib.dll
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-29': MIRDataTypeLib.dll
  • rraddatz
    rraddatz
    55 Posts

‏2013-02-26T14:28:18Z  
    • rwgoebel
    • ‏2013-02-26T14:12:48Z
    Hi Robin:

I may the changes to the MIRSetup.xml file and tried the export. Now I am receiving different errors. Here are the output messages from the export:

<INFO> MIMB process ID=212
    <INFO> System Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz at 2527 MHz with 2047 MB RAM
    <INFO> Import interface: Data Modeling Data Store (Physical Data Model, Logical Data Model, Expression Parsing), Graphical Layout via Java API on LDM or DBM XML File from IbmRationalDataArchitect <2013-02-26 08:10:05>
    <INFO> Version = 8.1.0
    <INFO> Started IBM Corporation JVM 1.6.0 in C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre. Custom options: MaximumMemory:512m
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-23': MIRIbmRationalDataArchitect810.jar, MIR.jar, MIRUtil.jar
    <INFO> MITI component(s) with build version '7.0.3 - 2012-03-27': MIRModelBridge.jar
    <STATUS> Loading file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\workspace\SAMPLE\SAMPLE.ldm...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FMSIMP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRS' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSCD' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSENV' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'FRSTEMP' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'MAPDM' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'MAPREF' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'ONETEAM' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'STAGING' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'STAGING_1' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOPT' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'Adaptive Scheduler' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Package 'TOP5' ...
    <STATUS> Processing Domains...
    <STATUS> Processing Relationships...
    <STATUS> Processing Generalizations...
    <STATUS> Processing Diagram 'Build all MAP Accounts' ...
    <FATAL> Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIRSDK_F0004 Illegal Argument: Cannot add the same ModelElement to Diagram
    <FATAL> MBCM_E0045 The model could not be imported.
    <FATAL> JBDG_F0006 The import bridge failed
    Have you run analyze model on your model? Also, is it possible to share your model with me?

Thanks,
    Robin
  • Herberius
    Herberius
    3 Posts

‏2014-05-26T14:56:27Z  

Hello Robin,

A year later IDA 8.5.0 is having the same problem... I followed the instructions above but I still get the attached error message, nevertheless I realized that my IDA is considering my installation directory as C:\Program Files\IBM\IDA8.5.0 ... but i think it should rather be "Program Files(x86)" since both my javaw.exe and mitiloc files are located here:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
    C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\IDA8.5.0\mitiloc

Do you know where I can do the change of the Installation Directory parameter?

Regards,

Heriberto

Attachments

• rraddatz
    rraddatz
    55 Posts

‏2014-05-27T18:08:05Z  
    • Herberius
    • ‏2014-05-26T14:56:27Z

Hello Robin,

A year later IDA 8.5.0 is having the same problem... I followed the instructions above but I still get the attached error message, nevertheless I realized that my IDA is considering my installation directory as C:\Program Files\IBM\IDA8.5.0 ... but i think it should rather be "Program Files(x86)" since both my javaw.exe and mitiloc files are located here:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
    C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\IDA8.5.0\mitiloc

Do you know where I can do the change of the Installation Directory parameter?

Regards,

Heriberto

Hi Heriberto,

Did you follow the instructions to change the MIRSetup.xml file to point to the correct jre?

Just modify the Executable line to put the complete path to your javaw.exe in there. 

i.e., <Executable>C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

Thanks,
    Robin

• Herberius
    Herberius
    3 Posts

‏2014-05-27T22:12:14Z  
    • rraddatz
    • ‏2014-05-27T18:08:05Z

Hi Heriberto,

Did you follow the instructions to change the MIRSetup.xml file to point to the correct jre?

Just modify the Executable line to put the complete path to your javaw.exe in there. 

i.e., <Executable>C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe</Executable>

Thanks,
    Robin

Hi Robin, yes I had followed the instructions above, but there was a small typo, I had written "Program Files(x86)" instead of "Program Files (x86)" that is with a space between "Files" and "(x86)". Now both Export and Import functions are working fine =) ...thanks!

• AndyFlitcroft
    AndyFlitcroft
    2 Posts

‏2014-05-28T13:42:23Z  
    • Herberius
    • ‏2014-05-27T22:12:14Z

Hi Robin, yes I had followed the instructions above, but there was a small typo, I had written "Program Files(x86)" instead of "Program Files (x86)" that is with a space between "Files" and "(x86)". Now both Export and Import functions are working fine =) ...thanks!

Just a footnote to this, where 8.5 64-bit is installed in Windows 7 and the java component mentioned is available under the (64 bit)  Program Files directory  e.g  Program Files\IBM\IDA8.5\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe.... 

It is the  com.ibm.datatools.metadata.wizards.miti.win64_<version>\Metaintegration\conf  location for the MIRSetup.xml I edited with the full path to the javaw.exe,  but is located within the C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\Plugins (default) path as described in the tech note fix above..

Also, you may need to launch IDA 8.5 through 'Run as Administrator' in Windows 7. if you subsequently get an '[MBCM_E0040] Cannot find MIMB XML file' error

See the following https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014955471

Updated on 2014-05-28T13:51:57Z at 2014-05-28T13:51:57Z by AndyFlitcroft
  • Herberius
    Herberius
    3 Posts

‏2015-02-19T17:18:13Z  

UPDATE:

The last update from Java puts the javaw.exe file on  C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe

The only thing you need to do now is to copy-paste the path above in the MIRSetup.xml file

(in my machine the MIRSetup.xml file is on the following route (I'm using IDA 9.1.1):

c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.metadata.wizards.miti.win64_1.0.2.v20140111_1008\MetaIntegration\conf

Cheers!