Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-10T13:52:07Z by owenc
huangjd
huangjd
46 Posts

Pinned topic Boundary Event not firing for Select in 8.0.1

‏2013-02-25T18:13:43Z |
I copied the Coaches 8.0.1 Select into my own toolkit and just added a Boundary Event to it and the BE doesn't fire. No system.out errors and nothing in Firefox console.

When we did this to the 8.0.0 select it worked.

Anyone know if we need to add something else to the event handlers?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Huang | Centric Consulting
Updated on 2013-02-25T23:45:35Z at 2013-02-25T23:45:35Z by kolban
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Boundary Event not firing for Select in 8.0.1

‏2013-02-25T19:01:29Z  
    I'm afraid your question is too vague. Where did you add the boundary event? What does the code look like? Have you added any debug statements to see what is happening?

Neil
  • huangjd
    huangjd
    46 Posts

‏2013-02-25T19:15:58Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-25T19:01:29Z
    I'm afraid your question is too vague. Where did you add the boundary event? What does the code look like? Have you added any debug statements to see what is happening?

Neil
    In the Overview of a Coach View:

"Can Fire Boudnary Event" is set to checked.

Image attached.

I have a test harness that just updates the values of another variable when the dropdown list changes values (BE is fired). It worked with a 8.0.0 Select. But stopped with 8.0.1.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense.
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-25T22:38:24Z  
    • huangjd
    • ‏2013-02-25T19:15:58Z
    In the Overview of a Coach View:

"Can Fire Boudnary Event" is set to checked.

Image attached.

I have a test harness that just updates the values of another variable when the dropdown list changes values (BE is fired). It worked with a 8.0.0 Select. But stopped with 8.0.1.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense.
    A boundary event says that a Coach View can generate a transition back to its containing Human Service. But this is not done until the code logic within the implementation of the Coach View executes a this.context.trigger() method call. What does the code of your Coach View look like that would result in the boundary condition being fired?

Neil
  • huangjd
    huangjd
    46 Posts

‏2013-02-25T23:36:22Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-25T22:38:24Z
    A boundary event says that a Coach View can generate a transition back to its containing Human Service. But this is not done until the code logic within the implementation of the Coach View executes a this.context.trigger() method call. What does the code of your Coach View look like that would result in the boundary condition being fired?

Neil
    Neil,

Thanks for the info about context.trigger.

The CV is a exact copy of the Coaches 8.0.1 Select CV. I am currently comparing the 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 Select CV and trying to find the discrepency.

I guess I was just assuming because the CV was from the Coaches toolkit it would "automatically" work if I checked the "Triggers Bounday Event", especially since the 8.0.0 Select CV did "just work".

• huangjd
    huangjd
    46 Posts

‏2013-02-25T23:43:49Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-02-25T22:38:24Z

Neil
    Found it. In 8.0.1 they removed the trigger from the onchangHandle in the view event.

Looks like i'll have to add it back in:

8.0.0:
    if(this.context.options.selectedItem.get("value") != ''){
    //Invoke Boundary Event if drop down is not empty
    this.context.trigger(function(){});
    //This is for the boundary event.
    }

Thanks again for the info about the trigger!

• kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-25T23:45:35Z  
    • huangjd
    • ‏2013-02-25T23:36:22Z
    Neil,

Thanks for the info about context.trigger.

The CV is a exact copy of the Coaches 8.0.1 Select CV. I am currently comparing the 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 Select CV and trying to find the discrepency.

I guess I was just assuming because the CV was from the Coaches toolkit it would "automatically" work if I checked the "Triggers Bounday Event", especially since the 8.0.0 Select CV did "just work".

Personally, I have never ever heard of any version/release of the Select Coach View causing a boundary trigger to fire. I'm not saying that it doesn't, but ive never seen it. Do you have any evidence in the InfoCenter or elsewhere that the IBM Select Coach View ever fired a trigger?

Neil
  • owenc
    owenc
    5 Posts

‏2014-07-10T13:52:07Z  
    • huangjd
    • ‏2013-02-25T23:43:49Z
    Found it. In 8.0.1 they removed the trigger from the onchangHandle in the view event.

Looks like i'll have to add it back in:

8.0.0:
    if(this.context.options.selectedItem.get("value") != ''){
    //Invoke Boundary Event if drop down is not empty
    this.context.trigger(function(){});
    //This is for the boundary event.
    }

Thanks again for the info about the trigger!

Hi Jonathon

I am using BPM 8.5.1 and I want to modify the Select CV to fire a boundary event as well.

Can you paste the entire code for the solution? It is not clear to me where you actually added the code?

Thanks,

Owen