Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-30T15:56:28Z by nchieffo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9029 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dojo Form Dialog Popup Refresh Issue

‏2013-02-25T09:39:31Z |
I have created Dojo Form dialog to open popup from data page. But I am facing an issue if we refresh the page after open the popup , the popup replace the main page(fits to the parent page).Please find the attached sample model and issue description screen shot.
Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Jerish
Updated on 2013-03-04T09:36:59Z at 2013-03-04T09:36:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • mburati
    mburati
    2392 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dojo Form Dialog Popup Refresh Issue

‏2013-02-25T19:07:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    What version of WEF (including fixpack level) and WP (including fixpack level) are you using?
    I believe there may have been a couple fixes in that area in one or more fixpacks, so it would help to know which version(s) you're seeing that behavior on.

..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9029 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-26T14:47:06Z  in response to mburati
      Hi
      I am using Web Experience Factory 8.0.0

Thanks & Regards,
      Jerish
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9029 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-26T14:51:41Z  in response to mburati
      Hi,
      I am using WEF8.0.0
      Build id: WEF8.0_20120416-0803

Thanks & Regards,
      Jeirsh
      • mburati
        mburati
        2392 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-26T15:44:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        There appears to have been a fix in Web Experience Factory 8.0.0.1 related to Dojo Form Dialog and tracking of a portlet's "current" page (the dialog needs to be able to render a different page from the webapp, without affecting the "current" page of the portlet, unlike other WEF portlet page actions), where the keep current page flag on the URL mapper was being set longer than it should and depending on URL generation order could affect the wrong URls.

I just tried your sample portlet with WEF 8.0.0.2 and I do not appear to be seeing the incorrect behavior that you describe (I opened your dialog, closed it with the "X" icon, then refreshed the portal page and the portlet rendered the correct original list page again, and not the dialog page, within the portlet area) so you may want to try updating to at least 8.0.0.1 if not 8.0.0.2 fixpack to pick up fixes to known issues and then try again. If it still fails after upgrading to the fixpack then I would suggest contacting customer support.

I hope that info helps,
        ..Mike Burati
        http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
        The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          9029 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-01T10:13:41Z  in response to mburati
          HI Mike,

I have updated the Fixpack Web Experience Factory 8.0.0.2. The Refresh issue resolved it seems but there is another problem with close button(I disabled default button and created new button for close the Dojo Form) I am using the script window.parent.dijit.byid("xxxxx_Dialog").hide to close the Dojo Form. It was working with 8.0.0 but now its showing script error window.parent.dijit.byid("") in null or not an object.

Thanks & Regards,
          Jerish
          • mburati
            mburati
            2392 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-01T14:07:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Most WEF UI automation generates unique html ids, (a) because html ids are supposed to be unique across an entire browser page and (b) WEF UIs are often repeated on a portal page either by reusing the same model in multiple portlets (contained or otherwise) and/or in a repeated region.

I believe there may have been an issue in previous releases where not all ids in the Dojo Form Dialog were unique, such that it became an issue using the same DFD in a portal page more than once.

If you're disabling what a builder generates and trying to replace it with your own markup that integrates with it, then it's good to know how the builder's generating that markup, so look in the design view for your page (source tab of the design view) for how the Dojo Form Dialog is generating that id on the page.

For instance, for the model you posted, the generated link from the design view source tab, to open the dialog, looks something like this, in WEF 8.0.0.2

onclick=
            "dijit.byId("<%= IDGenerator.getCurrentID(webAppAccess, "MyInboxTest_requestDetailDojoPage
            ") %>DD_Dialog").show()"

and the cancel button that you're hiding and replacing with your own, looks like this in the design view source tab:

<input type=
            "button" name=
            "MyInboxTest_requestDetailDojoPageDD_CancelButton" value=
            "Cancel" onclick=
            "dijit.byId('<%= IDGenerator.getCurrentID(webAppAccess, "MyInboxTest_requestDetailDojoPage
            ") %>DD_Dialog').hide()" class=
            "wefFP80Button" style=
            "display:none" onKeyDown=
            "if (!event.shiftKey && event.keyCode == 9) document.getElementById("<%= IDGenerator.getCurrentID(webAppAccess, "MyInboxTest_requestDetailDojoPage
            ") %>DD_Dialog").focus();">

So when you hide that one and replace it with our own, you should be able to use a similar means to get the generated unique id.
            When I change your close button script to the following, it appears to work with the unique id generated in 8.0.0.2:

window.parent.dijit.byId(
            '<%= IDGenerator.getCurrentID(webAppAccess, "MyInboxTest_requestDetailDojoPage") %>DD_Dialog').hide();

I hope that info helps,
            ..Mike Burati
            http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              9029 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-04T09:36:59Z  in response to mburati
              Hi Mike,
              Its working. Thanks for your info and help

Regards,
              Jerish
        • nchieffo
          nchieffo
          32 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-30T15:56:28Z  in response to mburati

Hello, I have WEF 8.0.0.2 installed and I have this problem, but in a different way.

I use a dojo form dialog with a page that has a button that changes the current page inside the form dialog (a step-2 inside the dialog).

After having clicked it, if you refresh the browser page, the portlet changes the main page to the step-2 page.

Any ideas?