Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-25T08:46:47Z by sunilsure
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WTX map node - Target not available

‏2013-02-25T05:46:55Z |
Hi everyone,
I am using a WTX map node in my message flow. input for map is a COBOL copy book file. There are 5 output cards. But the final one is an XML file. While testing the flow many times I get the exception as 'Target not available'. Many times it works absolutely fine. Many times Broker crashed(JAVA SE exception). Can somebody explain me the different behavior of the WMB.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2013-02-25T08:46:47Z at 2013-02-25T08:46:47Z by sunilsure
  • sunilsure
    sunilsure
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WTX map node - Target not available

‏2013-02-25T05:58:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Sachdeep,
    Have you configured the WTXMap node in message broker correctly?
    Please see log files available in WTX also(like .mtr and .log) after enabling trace option in WTX side. Can you explain flow in detail.
    Thanks,
    Sunil Sure.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      4179 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-25T06:27:18Z  in response to sunilsure
      Hello Sunil,

I applied the trace on map. It is as follows -

INPUT 1 was valid.
      End of Validation messages for INPUT CARD 1.
      End of Execution messages.

In a sample test flow, for the WTX node there are 2 out terminals corresponding to each output card. But I am connecting only last(final) to the compute node for processing. The other one I don't need. But then I am getting the same exception 'Target not available'. And as soon as I connect the other out terminal to some node, the flow is working fine.
      Is there any point in my assumption that all the out terminals of WTX map node should be connected or something like that?

But if it so, in my actual working flow there are 6 out terminals for WTX map node. Out of which I need only last(final) one. All others are intermediate.

Thanks.... :)
      • sunilsure
        sunilsure
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-25T08:46:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello Sachdeep,
        There is no restriction for connecting the output terminal for output card in message broker. Can you ask WTX person regarding the output card setting made in WTX side.
        Thanks,
        Sunil Sure