Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-05T17:33:20Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Showing a BPD instance diagram within an iframe from an external aplication

‏2013-02-24T03:44:09Z |
Hi colleagues, just a quick question:

Is it correct to use the following url to get the graphic diagram of an instance from an external application?

../../portal/jsp/viewProcessInstanceDiagram.do?bpdInstanceId=aProcessInstance

or there is other better aproach...

I'm running 8.0.1.

Many thanks in advance, Esteban.
Updated on 2013-03-05T17:33:20Z at 2013-03-05T17:33:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Showing a BPD instance diagram within an iframe from an external aplication

‏2013-02-24T03:59:22Z  
    This is one of those gray areas. To the best of my knowledge, the product does not expose an API or a recipe to get a process diagram image. The image is generated by the Process Portal application. The REST API does provide capabilities to get the "raw data" necessary to draw your own diagram (I did that once ... not the easiest thing in the world).

So to get to your question, I know of no supported way to get an image diagram directly, the best you can do is get the raw data of where items "live" on a diagram and draw it yourself. If you leverage "reverse engineering" of Process Portal, you run a significant risk. Who knows what side-effects calling that JSP may have? What if IBM changes the implementation or URL ... or simply removes it.

My suggestion would be to either:

1. Draw your own diagram using the data made available via REST APIs
    2. Create a Request For Enhancement against the product to make the image available

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-02-24T04:07:12Z  
    Neil, many thanks for your prompt and clear response. It really helps. Esteban.
  • edling
    edling
    261 Posts

‏2013-02-26T12:39:06Z  
    Neil, many thanks for your prompt and clear response. It really helps. Esteban.
    If there is an RFE, I will vote for it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-02-26T16:12:50Z  
    • edling
    • ‏2013-02-26T12:39:06Z
    If there is an RFE, I will vote for it.
    I'll also vote for it; I'm not sure if I can post a RFE directly to IBM...
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-02-26T16:14:35Z  
    As far as I can tell, there are no restriction on creating Request For Enhancements (RFEs). Here is the page I have been using to create new ones.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-03-05T17:33:20Z  
    If you have already raised an RFE for it, do let me know the link. I will vote for it rather than creating a new one.

Thanks,
    Yateen