ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error at starting RPT 8.3

‏2013-02-21T21:38:23Z |
Hi guys, I've got a problem when I starting the RPT 8.3, I've got this message:

Eclipse: "An error occured. See the log file"

and the log says:

!SESSION 2013-02-21 16:38:43.837
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Windows XP x86-32 20121024_126071 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R26_Java726_SR3_20121024_1635_B126071
JIT - r11.b02_20120924_26343a
GC - R26_Java726_SR3_20121024_1635_B126071
J9CL - 20121024_126071
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_PE
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.rational.rpt.product.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.rational.rpt.product.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-02-21 16:38:45.728
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.getSplashShell(WorkbenchPlugin.java:1289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:95)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:296)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.internal_new(Shell.java:418)
... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:689)
... 21 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.getSplashShell(WorkbenchPlugin.java:1289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:95)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
... 21 more

I try to fix it, but and I don't know how, so, can someone help me?

Attachments

Updated on 2013-02-22T22:12:38Z at 2013-02-22T22:12:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • petersda
    petersda
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error at starting RPT 8.3

‏2013-02-21T21:45:24Z  in response to andryi
    Try adding a -clean to the end of the launch. Or, create a new workspace.

"C:\Program Files\IBM\RPT83\eclipse.exe" -product com.ibm.rational.rpt.product.ide -clean
    • andryi
      andryi
      29 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T22:00:26Z  in response to petersda
      Hi petersda, I glad to your answered, but where I put these line? in the file config.ini that is in "(C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\configuration)" or in another config.ini?

Thank's for reply petersda
      • petersda
        petersda
        374 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T22:03:36Z  in response to andryi
        If you right click on the thing that you run and say Properties, there is a target line. Add it to the end of the target.
        • andryi
          andryi
          29 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T22:16:24Z  in response to petersda
          Thank's for reply petersda, ok, I added the line -clean for the target , but I still have the problem
          !SESSION 2013-02-21 17:16:24.560
          eclipse.buildId=unknown
          java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Windows XP x86-32 20121024_126071 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
          J9VM - R26_Java726_SR3_20121024_1635_B126071
          JIT - r11.b02_20120924_26343a
          GC - R26_Java726_SR3_20121024_1635_B126071
          J9CL - 20121024_126071
          BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_PE
          Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.rational.rpt.product.ide
          Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.rational.rpt.product.ide -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-02-21 17:16:36.983
          !MESSAGE Application error
          !STACK 1
          java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
          Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
          ... 19 more
          ... 21 more
          Root exception:
          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mercury.ftjadin.hooks.interfaces.WToolkitHookQTJA
          ... 21 more

and I don't know why, help please
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            5507 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-22T17:46:53Z  in response to andryi
            I am getting the same error when I install RAD 8.5. The installation works fine but when I try starting RAD it throws this same error. I tried teh clean target and it did not work for me either
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              5507 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-22T22:12:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              I was able to fix this error by removing all jvm hooks from my environment variables. I had Quick test professional installed on my machine recently which adds variables like JAVA_OPTIONS in the environment variables on my computer. Getting rid of those helped solve the issue.
              • srikanthreddychada
                srikanthreddychada
                1 Post
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-09T09:17:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin

me also getting the same error when launching IBM RSA4WS 8.5.1 Software, HP QTP was also installed in my system

Attachments

• ivyho
                  ivyho
                  1 Post
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-10T04:05:53Z  in response to srikanthreddychada

How did you launch the product? via shortcut?

Did you have admin authority to this HP machine?

Can you try to invoke the eclipse.exe directly and use "run As administrator" and see if this makes any differences?

• manasbehera
    manasbehera
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T08:42:35Z  in response to andryi

Hi, Can you please create new work space and see what is happening?

• Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-10T15:16:15Z  in response to andryi

Hi

Looking at this error, I feel that RPT is accessing class libraries from another product that is installed on the same machine.

Firstly, Kill all Java processes on the machine. Then can you open the "Eclipse.ini"   file located under the SDP folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP), and check what is the Java path set

For example : On my machine, I got the following path  " C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe"

if found any changes, modify and set the correct path accordingly. Once done clean launch RPT by opening the command prompt shell and executing the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP>eclipse -initialize

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP>eclipse -clean

Let me know if this helps.

• mpgorospe
      mpgorospe
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-05T02:05:38Z  in response to Rajeshavanthi

Hi,

I just installed the trial version of the RFT 8.5 version and encountering the same issues. Tried all suggestions above and no luck. The error still exists. Anyone tried and got this issue fix?

Please help share how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.