Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-27T20:15:42Z by John.E
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
47293 Posts

Pinned topic ClearCase 8.0 Redhat6 64bit machine unable to see albd_server main server

‏2013-02-21T20:35:41Z |
I am upgrading all the machines to redhat6 64 bit systems. I also have to upgrade my main clearcase vob / view server. Just a little explanation in set up. I have the /vobs/views on what I will call main_server . I have the licenses on a separate license_server since the license flexlm server does not work on 64bit so it is on one of my 32bit redhat5 machines. I am now installing on my first client. The main server can get a license and has the albd running as I checked by doing a ps -ef . ClearCase there is working fine and I can make view vobs ect.

However, I am having issues on the client machine. The albd_server is running on the client. However, when I try to run a command it hangs.

So I tired running a credmap to see if it would connect and I get that it is unable to connect to the albd_server. It trys first on the system that hold the licenses ( which does not have clearcase actually running on it just the licenses) . Then it tries on the main server which does have it running and says it can not find it.

Identity on local system:
User: main/root (UNIX:UID-0)
Primary group: main/root (UNIX:GID-0)
Groups: (11)

Identity on host "main_server":
credmap: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'license_server'
credmap: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'main_server'
credmap: Error: Unable to find albd_server on host 'main_server'
credmap: Error: Unable to contact credmap svr:main_server
credmap_local_to_remote_sid returned ClearCase object not found
When I do a albd_list I get the following with the address of the client server trying to run but no mention of the main server.

albd_server addr = 1XX.XXX.XXX.XX, port= 371
Albd_list complete

Is there something I can alter to add another name to the albd list or is there a file that points. Any suggestions would be appreciated I am out of ideas.

Thanks
Updated on 2013-02-27T20:15:42Z at 2013-02-27T20:15:42Z by John.E
  • doyleshawn
    doyleshawn
    74 Posts

Re: ClearCase 8.0 Redhat6 64bit machine unable to see albd_server main server

‏2013-02-25T23:05:34Z  
    Firewall issue?

Shawn Doyle
    sdoyle@releaseteam.com
    (720) 887 0489
    IBM Rational Certified Consultants
    IBM Rational Software Re-seller
    IBM Premier Business Partner
    http://www.releaseteam.com
  • John.E
    John.E
    14 Posts

Re: ClearCase 8.0 Redhat6 64bit machine unable to see albd_server main server

‏2013-02-27T20:15:42Z  
    I see my reply did not make it into developerworks, so I'll repeat it.

1. License server on 64 bit RedHat 6 is indeed supported. I just installed it on a new 6.3 box a couple of weeks ago. I can certainly understand why you think it is not, since from passport advantage, the license server available for download with ClearCase does not support 64 bit installs. Currently the license server for ClearCase v8.0 is V8.1.2. The version that supports 64 bit is V8.1.3, and is available through other products (I grabbed it from Rational Functional Tester). You will need ifix01 for the license server, otherwise during install it prompts you for a license key file. If you only have permanent license keys, it will tell you all the license keys have expired without the ifix (go figure, a temporary key will make it work).

2. Sounds like you need to open port 371. RedHat turns on a firewall by default, so open port 371 to UDP and TCP, and likely your "unable to contact albd server" error will dissapear.

Link:https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security_Guide/sect-Security_Guide-Firewalls-Basic_Firewall_Configuration.html

BTW, you will also need to open ports for the license server.