Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-25T17:47:10Z by mburati
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9029 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic REST service call

‏2013-02-21T16:48:29Z |
Hello,

I am looking to add a profile (http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lcwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+Connections+3.0.1+documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Adding_a_profile_using_the_Administration_API_ic301&content=pdcontent) and want to deploy this application directly on to Connections server by exporting as a WEF Application war. So I am just wondering whether I can use the REST Service call builder, if I am deploying the application directly on to Connections, as I am thinking that REST Service call can be used when I want to deploy the application on to Portal server which triggers to add the profile on Connection server.

Can some please clarify if I can use the REST Service call builder, if I am deploying the application directly on to Connections.

Thanks for your time!
Updated on 2013-02-25T17:47:10Z at 2013-02-25T17:47:10Z by mburati
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9029 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: REST service call

‏2013-02-22T17:27:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The reason I posted the query is because I get an error when the app is run on the Connections server as below:

+An error has occurred.
    Please refer to the logs folder in your deployed application for additional error information. +

I can't find any error in the logs nor in the deployed application. Any idea as to why the app is giving an error?
    • mburati
      mburati
      2552 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: REST service call

‏2013-02-25T17:47:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Check in the deployed WAR's WEB-INF/logs folder for event.log which should include any exceptions logged by the WEF based web application.

I hope that info helps,
      ..Mike Burati
      http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
      The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.