Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-24T13:09:06Z by SOAAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using Amazon EC2 AMI DataStage/QualityStage Designer

‏2013-02-21T13:18:48Z |
I am conducting research and evaluation of Infosphere from a developers perspective and have signed up to use the Amazon cloud base instance (EC2) AMI: IBM InfoSphere DataStage/QualityStage Designer Production AMI.

Has anyone used this service successfully? If so, do you have any information about connecting the windows client to the Amazon Infosphere Information Server?

It seems that the 'Getting Started' guide is missing some setup information. Getting support from Amazon is very difficult.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using Amazon EC2 AMI DataStage/QualityStage Designer

‏2013-03-29T20:21:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Sevan, I have forwarded this question on to a team of IBM DataStage Engineers. They should be able to point you in the right direction. -- Tim
  • srp
    srp
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-04T14:21:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Sevan,
    can you provide any further detail on your problem in setting up the client?
    Also, are you particularly interested in the EC2 image for your study?

Regards
    --sriram
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-04T19:15:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I have followed the 'Getting Started' guide, but it seems to break down after I have connected to the system and cannot find any Infosphere public images.

So one thing I do not understand with this AMI. Does it require a back end server running to be functional? Designer connects to it's own back end normally. Are there other prerequisites such as volumes or elastic IP's or special security definitions? I guess the documentation is slightly out of synch with the EC2 structure today. (the doc is circa 2009)

I plan on deleting all my EC2 definitions completely and starting over again using the 'Getting Started' guide exactly, and annotating the document as I go. I will post another update based on the results of that attempt.

Is is possible there is a more up to date version of how to make this work?
    Sevan
  • Concon
    Concon
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T13:31:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I am with the same problem! Just want to make a POC using these software but not able to connect to the Linux Datastage instance (port 9081). 

• SOAAdmin
      SOAAdmin
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-24T13:09:06Z  in response to Concon

Amazon