• Latest Post - ‏2013-03-06T08:19:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
139 Posts

Pinned topic pattern type already exists

‏2013-02-21T10:19:07Z |
Hi ,

I have created my master slave pattern type
but when i upload .tgz it always give me error as "pattern type already exists".
I am unable to deploy my pattern on SCAWS

Thanks
Sheetal Chavan
Updated on 2013-03-06T08:19:37Z at 2013-03-06T08:19:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

Re: pattern type already exists

‏2013-02-21T13:37:33Z  
    Hi Sheetal,

Kindly delete your pattern type, create new one and then try to upload it.
    If problem still persists, then Kindly share your .tzg file with us. That will helps us in further investigation.

Regards,
    Ruchi Dhavalpure
    SCAS Dev L3 Team
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2013-02-21T16:40:04Z  
    Hi Sheetal,

Kindly delete your pattern type, create new one and then try to upload it.
    If problem still persists, then Kindly share your .tzg file with us. That will helps us in further investigation.

Regards,
    Ruchi Dhavalpure
    SCAS Dev L3 Team
    Hi,

This is the feedback from the development team:

The reason this person is getting this error is that they have not updated the version information for the plugin/pattern type. It's not very intuitive in that way, but that's the way it works. There is a version # in the config.json file that needs to be updated (just need to essentially increment the #, e.g. 1.0.0.0 can be incremented to 1.0.0.1). Once that's done the developer should recompile the pattern type and re-import.

Let us know if this practice resolves your issue.

Sincerely,
    //Rich
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2013-02-22T10:22:40Z  
    • morganri
    • ‏2013-02-21T16:40:04Z
    Hi,

This is the feedback from the development team:

The reason this person is getting this error is that they have not updated the version information for the plugin/pattern type. It's not very intuitive in that way, but that's the way it works. There is a version # in the config.json file that needs to be updated (just need to essentially increment the #, e.g. 1.0.0.0 can be incremented to 1.0.0.1). Once that's done the developer should recompile the pattern type and re-import.

Let us know if this practice resolves your issue.

Sincerely,
    //Rich
    Done this thing
    till facing problem..
    can you please send me folder structure or any doc which will create one plugin
    there can be chances i made mitk in making .tgz file

Kindy revert
    Sheetal chavan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2013-03-06T08:19:37Z  
    I guess you are working with PDK 1.0.0.2!
    As Rick said you have to update the pattern-type version but also the plugin version. After, rebuild the plugin and then rebuild the pattern-type. now you are ready to upload the new pattern-type via the pattern-type menu.

Another option is for development purpose, to update only the plugin version and upload the plugin via the 'System plugin' menu but with this method you will need to delete one by one each uploaded plugin version to finallyt clean your SCAWS environment.

Dominique - Follow me on Twitter @ITDoVe - Blog: http://cloud.itdove.com