Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-20T17:56:13Z by thanh
thanh
thanh
36 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Warning: The operating system version doesn't match supported configuration

‏2013-02-20T19:30:47Z |
This is an ISD managed system with RedHat 6.2 and KVM installed. ISD discovered this system with the warning message:

The operating system version does not match supported configuration.

Any idea what that means? The OS version is RedHat 6.2, which is supported with KVM. Not sure what the "supported configuration" the warning is referring to.

If someone has access to the sources, maybe a search for the message will reveal where it comes from.
Updated on 2013-03-20T17:56:13Z at 2013-03-20T17:56:13Z by thanh
  • bassemir
    bassemir
    39 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Warning: The operating system version doesn't match supported configuration

‏2013-02-20T19:41:27Z  in response to thanh
    Do you have a System Director agent installed on the Redhat 6.2 server? What name and level of the agent?

Rich
    • thanh
      thanh
      36 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-20T20:51:51Z  in response to bassemir
      It's the KVM Platform Agent 6.3 on RedHat 6.2.
      • bassemir
        bassemir
        39 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-20T22:23:31Z  in response to thanh
        Well, I can't say that is your problem with 100% certainty, but it were me I would install the platform agent to match the OS level and if running KVM I would be sure to use the correct platform agent for RHEL6KVM.

Rich
        • QuikJean
          QuikJean
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-18T15:34:37Z  in response to bassemir
          The same error happens to me as well.
          I am still under investigation.
          In my case I install the good version of the agent and I did a copy of that server on 6 other machines.
          Some of them have the warning, some don't. And the machines are carbon copy in terms of hardware configuration.

If I found anything I'll post an update
          • thanh
            thanh
            36 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-20T17:56:13Z  in response to QuikJean
            My problem was not the KVM Platform Agent. It was the virtual server that didn't have the hardware support for KVM virtualization. The two commands to check for this support in AMD or Intel hardware:

# lsmod | grep kvm
            # grep -E 'vmx|smx' /proc/cpuinfo

If a virtual machine or OS does not have that capability, then the regular Platform Agent should be installed and not the one for KVM Linux (They are two different PA's). At least that's my understanding of the warning message.

Can you run those two commands on those servers you saw the warning message? On the other hand, you can confirm that those servers didn't get the warning message do have the KVM virtualization support by also running those two commands.