Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
12 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T19:32:40Z by Diogo Araujo
VeljkoC
VeljkoC
82 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to display CI topology on Incident application?(Impacts Tab in Change)

‏2013-02-20T15:01:24Z |
Hi,

When Configuration Item is added on Change record we can see in tables Targeted by Change and Impacted by Change other CIs that can be impacted.
In Change application you know that there is also topology view (in Impacts tab) that can show this impacted CIs and graphically.

My customer has only Incident records they do not have Change process and records so they DO NOT USE Change application.

So steps I did:
1.Add CI on Incident record
2.In work flow I created change object for that Incident and implementation TASK with the same CI
3.I added Impacts tab on Incident application and added gui tables with relationship on that Change so I CAN display tables Targeted By Change and Impacted with Change like in the Change application
4. Only problem is how to display and topology for impacted CIs? Can someone help me?

I saw in Change application xml definition that there is class:

<datasrc beanclass="com.ibm.ism.pmcom.webclient.topology.beans.CiPropertiesBean" id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" mboname="CI"/>

but I think it is referring only to Change object.
Is it possible to somehow through the relationships I show this topology?
Also in change xml definition there is:

<topology appname="CHANGE" cirelation="RELATEDCI" height="700" id="pmrelImpactAnanlysisApplet" nodepopuptarget="pmchgcitopodatasrc" tabgroupid="maintabs" tabid="pmchg_impact_analysis" width="100%"/>

How to achieve to show topology in Incident application?
You can see that I succeed to show tables I only need and topology view.
I added picture as attachment.
Thank you
Updated on 2013-03-19T20:26:16Z at 2013-03-19T20:26:16Z by scottsd
  • VeljkoC
    VeljkoC
    82 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to display CI topology on Incident application?(Impacts Tab in Change)

‏2013-02-24T19:50:53Z  in response to VeljkoC
    I will be thankful if someone can tell me if this is feasible?
  • scottsd
    scottsd
    121 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-05T16:09:54Z  in response to VeljkoC
    I looked at the code and it might work. Can you try adding the property "datasrc" to the topology widget and pointing it to a relationship that retrieves your Change record from the Incident?
    One thing to note, is that the appname="CHANGE" is only there to switch the CI Topology to a different mode to highlight the impacted CIs (unlike when the topology is shown in the CI application.) That value (appname="CHANGE") can be used in the Incident application as well.

If this doesn't work to switch the topology to the Change record, we'll probably need to open an enhancement request.

Thanks,
    Scott
    • VeljkoC
      VeljkoC
      82 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-07T11:22:36Z  in response to scottsd
      Hello,

thank you again for your reply.
      I am not sure did I understand you very well.
      "try adding the property "datasrc" to the topology widget and pointing it to a relationship that retrieves your Change record from the Incident"

Did you mean on this definition?To add it in topology definition name of my RELATIONSHIP?

<topology appname="CHANGE" datasrc="NEWCHANGE" cirelation="RELATEDCI" height="700" id="pmrelImpactAnanlysisApplet" nodepopuptarget="pmchgcitopodatasrc" tabgroupid="maintabs" tabid="pmchg_impact_analysis" width="100%"/>

Or please correct me if I am wrong.Probably I misunderstood you. My relationship name is NEWCHANGE (taking Change record for the Incident record)

Thank you in advance,
      best regards
      • VeljkoC
        VeljkoC
        82 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T18:15:05Z  in response to VeljkoC
        @scottsd can you maybe help with last question? sorry for your time
        thank you
        • scottsd
          scottsd
          121 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-12T14:50:58Z  in response to VeljkoC
          You have to do two things. You have to create a Datasrc widget that points to the "NEWCHANGE" relationship, and then point the datasrc attribute of the topology widget to that datasrc instance.

You can drag and drop the datasource widget into the presentation xml or can manually create a new <datasrc tag to reference the relationship name.

Thanks,
          Scott
          • VeljkoC
            VeljkoC
            82 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-14T11:18:33Z  in response to scottsd
            Hello,

thank you for your time. I tried several solutions - I do not have any errors, topology is displayed but without elements in it while in Change there are elements.

I think I did what you said:

topology tag:

I tried with:
            <topology appname="CHANGE" cirelation="RELATEDCI" id="pmrelImpactAnanlysisApplet" nodepopuptarget="pmchgcitopodatasrc" datasrc="pmchgcitopodatasrc" tabgroupid="maintabs" tabid="pmchg_impact_analysis" />

and with:

<topology appname="CHANGE" cirelation="RELATEDCI" id="pmrelImpactAnanlysisApplet" nodepopuptarget="pmchgcitopodatasrc" tabgroupid="maintabs" tabid="pmchg_impact_analysis" />
            For datasrc element I tried several solutions but without success:

<datasrc beanclass="com.ibm.ism.pmcom.webclient.topology.beans.CiPropertiesBean" id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" relationship="NEWCHANGE" mboname="CI"/>

<datasrc beanclass="com.ibm.ism.pmcom.webclient.topology.beans.CiPropertiesBean" id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" *relationship="NEWCHANGE"*/>

<datasrc id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" relationship="NEWCHANGE" mboname="CI"/>

<datasrc id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" *relationship="NEWCHANGE"*/>

<datasrc id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" relationship="NEWCHANGE" mboname="INCIDENT"/>

<datasrc id="pmchgcitopodatasrc" relationship="NEWCHANGE" mboname="CHANGE"/>

but didn't work?
            By your opinion what do you think what comibiantion for topology and datasrc should work?

Thank you really for your time
            • scottsd
              scottsd
              121 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-14T11:44:00Z  in response to VeljkoC
              Sorry that's what I was afraid of, it appears that our topology widget isn't smart enough to parse the datasrc property and find the related records. We'll need to open an enhancement request I think in RFE.

Looking in the code, it appears that it always starts from the current application's MBO to look for its CI data, rather than taking this datasrc property into account. This is arguably a bug, since we have a datasrc property defined in the component descriptor, we're just not using it correctly. Please either open a PMR or RFE enhancement request to track.

Thanks,
              Scott
              • VeljkoC
                VeljkoC
                82 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T14:53:19Z  in response to scottsd
                @scottsd thank you you answered my question.
                I will have on mid your recommandations.

Tell me is it possible to set default breadth in topology to be 1 and not 4?
                How to change it?
                Also is it possible to set detail view as default and not business view?
                I do not understand completely business view becuase it always shows me only CI which is defined as Targeted in Implementation task.
                Thank you for you answer in advance
                • scottsd
                  scottsd
                  121 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T15:01:54Z  in response to VeljkoC
                  Here you go:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v50r1/topic/com.ibm.tusc.doc/change/t_configure_topo.html?resultof=%22%74%6f%70%6f%6c%6f%67%79%22%20%22%74%6f%70%6f%6c%6f%67%22%20%22%69%6e%69%74%69%61%6c%22%20%22%69%6e%69%74%69%22%20%22%64%65%70%74%68%22%20

You cannot change default to detail view.

Business view of topology will traverse any CI relationships that exist starting from those as Targets on the Implementation Task. It will only add the Impacted Cis to the topology if it gets to them by traversing the CI relationships, and if that CI's classification has the Show In Business View checkbox selected.
                  • VeljkoC
                    VeljkoC
                    82 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T16:49:35Z  in response to scottsd
                    Thank you for breadth solution.

I still do not get complete Business View:
                    My Change has one implementation task with CI APOLLO.LAB.COLLATION.NET~5276 and Classificaion CIROOT \ CI.OS \ CI.WINDOWSOS with checked Show in Business View.

Relation with CI APOLLO.LAB.COLLATION.NET~5272 and Classification CIROOT \ CI.COMPUTERSYSTEM \ CI.WINDOWSCOMPUTERSYSTEM with checked Show in Business View is RUNSON.

It shows APOLLO.LAB.COLLATION.NET~5272 in impacted table, it shows it in detail view when breadth is set to 1 but it does not show it in Business View. In Business View it only shows APOLLO.LAB.COLLATION.NET~5276. Why and how to add and this second Configuration Item APOLLO.LAB.COLLATION.NET~5272 in business view. It has icon that is not impacted but I want it to be.

Really sorry for your time just want to figure how this Impact Analysis works completly
                    • scottsd
                      scottsd
                      121 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T20:26:16Z  in response to VeljkoC
                      Your configuration sounds correct, I think you should open a PMR on this so we can debug more thoroughly.

Thanks,
                      Scott
  • Diogo Araujo
    Diogo Araujo
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-30T19:32:40Z  in response to VeljkoC

Hi Veljko ,

I'm trying to do the same, did you have any lucky with that? Can you steps that you did? I'm trying here but so far receiving the following message when I open the topology:

psdi.util.MXSystemException: BMXAA6694W - The mbovalueinfo for attribute CINAME for object INCIDENT could not be retrieved.