• Latest Post - ‏2013-03-06T07:51:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts

Pinned topic how to convert a non-unicode typetree to a unicode typetree

‏2013-02-19T15:36:23Z |
Hi all,

i am struggling with the following issue:

We have a couple of mappings to map data from SAP to our warehouse management system.
At this moment we are receiving single byte character files from SAP, but because of a migration to a unicode database,
SAP will be sending files in utf-8 format in the near future.
How can i convert my mappings / typetrees from non-unicode compliant to unicode-compliant ?
I have been looking in the type editor and trying some things with national language, data language and restrictions, but none of these seem to help.

Can anyone help me out with this ?
Thanks !
Maarten
Updated on 2013-03-06T07:51:49Z at 2013-03-06T07:51:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

Re: how to convert a non-unicode typetree to a unicode typetree

‏2013-02-24T03:01:58Z  
    A change in your type tree Data language to UTF-8 should suffice on the inbound side, if you are expecting UTF-8. A
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

Re: how to convert a non-unicode typetree to a unicode typetree

‏2013-03-06T07:51:49Z  
    I experienced this some years ago, but not with WTX 8.3/8.4, so some of this information may be outdated/wrong

If the size of your objects in in characters, then changing the data language for the objects should be enough. Don't forget to do the same with the initiator/terminator/etc... at the same time.
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to export the type tree, then change it in a batch and reimport it. Any text editor should be enough to do the changes.

If the size is in bytes, then matters may be more complex, especially if you want to do UTF-8. When confonted with this issue some years ago, I had to write a map that would change the type tree properties. In my case I was doing UTF16 so I had to double the byte sizes on the appropriate objects. In your case you'd have to change the size in bytes to a size in characters.

This can be a complex mapping as a type tree is a complex object, but still doable.

Hope this helps
    Laurent