Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-01T16:25:57Z by tglawles
tglawles
tglawles
2 Posts

Pinned topic Null Pointer Exception with Generating XSLT from Data Map

‏2013-02-19T13:16:43Z |
I'm new to IBM Integration Designer. I'm using v8.0.1. I'm trying to execute the Hello World Part 1 sample that comes with the tool. One of the steps is to create a mediation component that maps the input from one service to the input of another service using a data map. When I try to generate the xslt for the data map, Intergration Design is throwing a NPE. Here are the details:

!ENTRY com.ibm.msl.mapping.xml 4 0 2013-02-19 07:55:03.415
!MESSAGE Error writing generated content.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.msl.mapping.xslt.codegen.builder.MappingCodegenOperation.updateContentsIfNecessary(MappingCodegenOperation.java:525)
at com.ibm.msl.mapping.xml.domain.EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.doPostXSLTProcessing(EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.java:174)
at com.ibm.msl.mapping.xml.domain.EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.postProcess(EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.java:247)
at com.ibm.msl.mapping.xml.domain.EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.performCodeGeneration(EclipseGDMCodeGenerationManager.java:66)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.generation.ESBMappingGenerationManager.performCodeGeneration(ESBMappingGenerationManager.java:47)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.util.GenerateXSLTHelper.generateXSLT(GenerateXSLTHelper.java:218)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.generation.XMLMappingGenerationDelegate.generateXSLT(XMLMappingGenerationDelegate.java:151)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.generation.XMLMappingGenerationDelegate.generateXSL(XMLMappingGenerationDelegate.java:112)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.commands.XMLMappingGenerationCommand.validateAndGenerate(XMLMappingGenerationCommand.java:146)
at com.ibm.wbit.sib.xmlmap.commands.XMLMappingGenerationCommand.execute(XMLMappingGenerationCommand.java:119)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.LazyCommandProxy.execute(LazyCommandProxy.java:113)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.CommandVisitAdapter.doVisit(CommandVisitAdapter.java:164)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.CommandVisitAdapter.visit(CommandVisitAdapter.java:69)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$2.visit(Resource.java:112)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$1.visitElement(Resource.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doIteration(ElementTreeIterator.java:82)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.iterate(ElementTreeIterator.java:127)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource.java:94)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.impl.CompositeCommand.doResourceOrResourceDeltaVisit(CompositeCommand.java:107)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.impl.CompositeCommand.execute(CompositeCommand.java:536)
at com.ibm.wbit.revalidate.impl.RevalidationHandler.validate(RevalidationHandler.java:65)
at com.ibm.wbit.revalidate.impl.RevalidationHandler.resourceModified(RevalidationHandler.java:51)
at com.ibm.wbit.revalidate.impl.RevalidationDispatcher.resourceModified(RevalidationDispatcher.java:277)
at com.ibm.wbit.revalidate.impl.RevalidationCommand.finishCommand(RevalidationCommand.java:120)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.internal.LazyCommandProxy.finishCommand(LazyCommandProxy.java:85)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.impl.CompositeCommand.execute(CompositeCommand.java:545)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.builder.CommandBuilder.doBuild(CommandBuilder.java:441)
at com.ibm.wbit.command.builder.CommandBuilder.build(CommandBuilder.java:184)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:629)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:172)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:255)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:258)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:311)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:343)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:144)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:242)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Updated on 2013-04-01T16:25:57Z at 2013-04-01T16:25:57Z by tglawles
  • spriet
    spriet
    58 Posts

Re: Null Pointer Exception with Generating XSLT from Data Map

‏2013-03-23T02:12:12Z  
    Hello,

Do you have any products shell shared like Rational Application Developer or Rational Software Architect? I am surprised to see this kind of exception.

Are there any other prior exceptions in the .log or is this the only one?

Dave Spriet, BPM Architect, BPM SWAT
  • tglawles
    tglawles
    2 Posts

Re: Null Pointer Exception with Generating XSLT from Data Map

‏2013-04-01T16:25:57Z  
    • spriet
    • ‏2013-03-23T02:12:12Z
    Hello,

Do you have any products shell shared like Rational Application Developer or Rational Software Architect? I am surprised to see this kind of exception.

Are there any other prior exceptions in the .log or is this the only one?

Dave Spriet, BPM Architect, BPM SWAT
    Hi

No, I only had IID installed. I didn't mention in the original post (i should have) that I had it installed on a CentOS 6.3 VirtualBox VM. I have sinced moved to Windows, so I don't have the log any more. I don't remember any other errors. I would think it is probably a missing library, but the error didn't provide anything usage.