• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T12:36:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic How to upload .dfi file into DOORS

‏2013-02-19T04:38:55Z |
Hello,

i want to import .dfi file into DOORS. please help me, how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Hemlata
Updated on 2013-02-21T12:36:52Z at 2013-02-21T12:36:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: How to upload .dfi file into DOORS

‏2013-02-19T12:26:53Z  
    Probable answer: Convert Disk Factory image file to a format that DOORS is compatible with or include as an OLE.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-19T13:08:34Z  
    Probable answer: Convert Disk Factory image file to a format that DOORS is compatible with or include as an OLE.
    other probable answer: Convert Digifont Outline Font Description to a format that DOORS is compatible with or include as an OLE. :-)
    (perhaps using Corel Draw)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-20T12:09:44Z  
    thanks for replying mythical. can you please tell me how i include cfi file indo DOORS as an OLE.

Hemlata
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2259 Posts

‏2013-02-20T12:40:43Z  
    thanks for replying mythical. can you please tell me how i include cfi file indo DOORS as an OLE.

Hemlata
    Well your question is kind of mythical. If I would ask you how to import a .brm file to Word, you would probably ask me "what is a .brm" file. DFI is not one of the standard formats, so if you would be more verbose in your question, e.g. "How can I import a .dfi file, that has been exported from <Application Name here> by doing <what ever you did to get that file>" then it would be much more likely to get a non mythical answer ...

Regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-21T03:50:47Z  
    Well your question is kind of mythical. If I would ask you how to import a .brm file to Word, you would probably ask me "what is a .brm" file. DFI is not one of the standard formats, so if you would be more verbose in your question, e.g. "How can I import a .dfi file, that has been exported from <Application Name here> by doing <what ever you did to get that file>" then it would be much more likely to get a non mythical answer ...

Regards, Mathias

i have one excel document. there is some script is written which convert that excel document into .dfi file. Now i want to import that cfi file into DOORS module. please suggest me something. How can i do that?

I am new to DXL and do not have much more idea about scripting. please provide me some solution.

Thanks!

Hemlata
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2259 Posts

‏2013-02-21T08:02:13Z  
    i have one excel document. there is some script is written which convert that excel document into .dfi file. Now i want to import that cfi file into DOORS module. please suggest me something. How can i do that?

I am new to DXL and do not have much more idea about scripting. please provide me some solution.

Thanks!

Hemlata
    Well if you have some custom scripts that export something unknown to either a dfi or a cfi file (can you make up your mind?) how can anyone possibly know how to import that file to DOORS. You need to open the file and look at its contents, tell us what kind of data is in there, so somebody could help you with writing an import script.

But on the other hand, if your source file is in Excel, then you can bring all the information to DOORS with a normal Excel import, instead of using your script. And maybe it is not the best idea, if you are new to DXL to try to write an importer - don't expect somebody to spend hours coding for you. If you do not want to write DXL on your own it might be a good idea to hire an expert to create the import script for you.

Regards, Mathias

• doors36677
    doors36677
    92 Posts

‏2013-02-21T12:10:09Z  
    Looks like HemlataS can't explain himself, I suspect he is talking about (Data Interchange Format .dif).

If the subject is dif, the user should convert the file to a .csv format which DOORS can import as a spreadsheet.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-21T12:28:49Z  
    Looks like HemlataS can't explain himself, I suspect he is talking about (Data Interchange Format .dif).

If the subject is dif, the user should convert the file to a .csv format which DOORS can import as a spreadsheet.
    No. It's a DOORS Import file format(.dfi)

Hemlata
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2013-02-21T12:36:52Z  
    No. It's a DOORS Import file format(.dfi)

Hemlata
    Perhaps you should upload one of these dfi files, so that we can have a look at it. (if you can provide which does not contain sensitive data).

Or you should contact the person who created this "Excel to dfi converter" and ask them what DFI stands for (DOORS File Import???) and what it contains and how it can be imported....