Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-20T17:33:43Z by tells
tells
tells
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Virtual Table updates with HTTP API

‏2013-02-18T20:17:13Z |
I am trying to change the where condition in my virtual table using the HTTP API. I can successfully create a virutal table, but if I try to update one I get an error that that table already exists. I am using the update command.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update a virtual table using the HTTP API to change the where condition in version 8.5 of Information Analyzer?

My backup solution is to create a global variable that contains the value I want to use in the virutal table where condition. I can successfully update global variables with the HTTP API, but I don't know how to use them in the where condition. Does anyone know if a global variable can be used in the where condition of a virtual table? If so, can you tell me the format to use it?

Thanks,

Chris
Updated on 2013-02-20T17:33:43Z at 2013-02-20T17:33:43Z by tells
  • tells
    tells
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Virtual Table updates with HTTP API

‏2013-02-19T18:21:39Z  in response to tells
    Since I was unable to modify the where condition, I came up with a different way.

Step 1) Create a new virtual table. (this currently works through the HTTP API)
    Step 2) Use HTTP API to modify the binding of the rule to bind to the new virtual table.
    Step 3) Execute the rule using HTTP API.
    Step 4) Get rules of run from HTTP API and send to person to work issue with email.

I just thought I would put my solution out there. It may help others later.
    • smithha
      smithha
      162 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-20T16:06:59Z  in response to tells
      I'm not aware of specific issues in updating Virtual Tables in version 8.5, but it's possible there are.
      I am able to successfully update a Virtual Table in the current (9.1) version using the -update -projectContent command in the CLI (equivalent to the POST http://ServerName:9080/InformationAnalyzer/update&projectContent command in the API).
      As for Global Variables, they are specific to the data rules and are not currently available for use in the Virtual Tables.

It looks like you were able to identify an effective approach for your needs.

Harald
  • tells
    tells
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-20T17:33:43Z  in response to tells
    It looks like the issue to update virutal tables was addressed in this patch:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg1JR40379