6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-18T23:40:07Z by Jim Bouquet
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Menage deployment descripor in EGL 8.0.12

‏2013-02-18T19:59:30Z |
Hi all

i'm following a IBM tutorial EGL based on previous version and i'm not able to find where i can menage deployment descriptor; can some please tell me where i find this on EGL 8.0.12 ? see attached image

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-02-18T23:40:07Z at 2013-02-18T23:40:07Z by Jim Bouquet
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Menage deployment descripor in EGL 8.0.12

‏2013-02-18T21:42:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi
    if i open "Deployment Descriptor " (after i have run "generate deployment descriptor stube) i have this situation (see attached image) but i don't see the tabs : "overwiev - Module - Security - Deployment - Source .. which could be the problem ?

Thanks again in advance
    • Hsieh
      Hsieh
      572 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-18T22:26:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

You must open "Deployment Descriptor" in source project and extension file .egldd.
  • Jim Bouquet
    Jim Bouquet
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-18T22:30:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The deployment descriptor in your screen capture is the J2EE deployment descriptor. The deployment descriptor the tutorial is referring to is the EGL deployment descriptor. The EGL deployment descriptor is usually created for you when you create an EGL project. You'll need to navigate to the project that contains your EGL source code and look in the "EGLSource" folder in the "Project Explorer".

ClearBlade
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6195 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-18T23:01:06Z  in response to Jim Bouquet
      Hi Jim

thanks for your reply ; sorry but these are my first test and so i'm not be able to follow your suggestion; in the tutorial (google https://www.ibm.com/.../IBM_i_EGL_V7.5_jsf_hands_on_lab.pdf ) at page 30 says: "Double click on the Deployment Descriptor: EGL_labEAR, to open it in an editor" but if do it my project i see the image posted in my previuos post ; where i'm wrong ?
      thanks in advance

Anyway to see the JEE deployment descriptor, how can i do ?
  • Jim Bouquet
    Jim Bouquet
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-18T23:29:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In your screen capture, you have opened the deployment descriptor of the EGL_LabEAR project. This is the "Enterprise Application Project" which is a container project used to represent a .ear file. Therefore, the deployment descriptor you opened is the JEE deployment descriptor, not the EGL deployment descriptor.

The EGL_Lab.war module included in your ear file would indicate that you have a "Web" project named EGL_Lab in your workspace (which you do). If the "EGL_lab" project is an EGL Web project, you will have a folder under EGL_Lab named EGLSource. If you expand the EGLSource folder, you will most likely find a file named EGL_Lab.egldd. This is the file the tutorial wants you to open.

Jim Bouquet
    ClearBlade
  • Jim Bouquet
    Jim Bouquet
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-18T23:40:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Giocot,

I apologize as it is late in the day and my brain is a little slow at this point. I am now looking at the tutorial you are working on (unfortunately, I was not looking at it before and therefore made a wrong assumption). You are in the correct project, the Enterprise Application Project. I am going to assume you are using RBD 8.x, correct?

If you are using RBD 8.x, the way in which you access things changed a bit since RBD 7.5. In order to get to the "deployment" tab the tutorial is referring to, you will need to do the following:

1. Right click on the Enterprise Application Project (EGL_LabEAR)
    2. In the context menu, select the following: Java EE --> Open Websphere Application Server Deployment.

Sorry about mis-leading/confusing you!

ClearBlade