Topic
No replies
dysonbags
dysonbags
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Has the Headless VCE collection method been updated to work on WAS 8.5 on Z

‏2013-02-18T11:27:58Z |
Hi,

I'm trying to collect a WAS configuration file on zWAS 8.5.0.1. I'm using the Headless method that I got working with Kevin Grigorenko's help on 8.0 and still works as expected on WAS 6.1.0.45.

I'm running this command java -jar startup.jar -buildfile wasexporter/wasexport.xml -Dwas.root=/websphere/v8r5/zdcell/zdnode2/AppServer and getting this exception

cmd: ./vceexport.ebcdic.sh
parameters: /websphere/v8r5/zdcell/zdnode2/AppServer /u/Y057AHE/vce/wasexporter/temp /u/Y057AHE/vce/wasexporter/output websphere /u/Y057AHE/vce/wasexporter
com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException
.at com.ibm.ws.management.launcher.DefaultLaunchPlatformHelper.getDefaultClasspath(DefaultLaunchPlatformHelper.java:323)
.at com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.VCEExportLauncher.initLocalConfigService(Unknown Source)
.at com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.VCEExportLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
.at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
.at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
.at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
.at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
.at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:277)
Ý2/18/13 11:20 AM¨ Terminating abnormally due to severe error.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
.at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
.at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
.at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
.at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
.at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:277)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
.at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:233)
.at com.ibm.adt.topoview.utilities.Utilities.deleteFile(Unknown Source)
.at com.ibm.topology.websphere.provider.VCEExportLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
.... 5 more
.: ./vceexport.ebcdic.sh 73: /u/Y057AHE/vce/wasexporter/output/export-temp.sh: not found

Am I doing something wrong or has this process not been updated to work on WAS 8.5 yet?

Cheers
Graham