• No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1192 Posts

Pinned topic Incorrect field focus when a function key is pressed

‏2013-02-18T10:05:32Z |
Hi All ,

Problem Statement:

Incorrect field focus when a function key is pressed (Automatic field advance function is enabled in application settings)
For example, there are 5 fields of the following length:
Transaction Name 4
Policy symbol 3
Policy number 7
Module 2
Company line 2

Existing system function

When the focus is on the policy number field at the first character, and PF7 key is pressed, the help description of the policy number field is displayed (which is a separate screen). Pressing PF2 on the help screen returns the focus of the related field for which PF7 function event is sent.

HATS function

When the focus is on the policy number field (no chars highlighted and the cursor is at the beginning of the field), and PF7 key is pressed, the help description of the company line field is displayed which is incorrect. When backtracked, the focus shifts to the company line field regardless of any form submission event when started from the policy number field. Similar issue persists for Module field for which its description must be displayed. Instead, company line field’s description shows.
The trace leads to the script lxgwfunctions.js, nextInputField() which gets called shifts the focus to the next element based on the condition, especially the elseif snippet:

for (var iL=elements.length; i<iL; ++i){
element=elements[i];
if ((enableBIDI=="true") && isChkRTBArrayhttp://hatsForm.name){
if(element.tabIndex == currentElement.tabIndex + 1){
isChkRTBFistIndex = false;
break;
}
}
else if(currentElement.name == element.name && currentElement.size == element.size){i++;break;}}
The field focus shifts not only to the function keys but also for enter action too.

Thanks
Siva S