SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts

Pinned topic Create EGL project and configure data connection

‏2013-02-17T00:48:55Z |
Hi

as i'm little confused about:

1- creating and EGL project that use JSF
2- how to configure data connection ,I saw file myproject.eglbld, file web.xml and EGL Run time source parameters that contains the same JNDI paramaters

can please someone suggest me links or other where i find example about this two points ?

Thanks again

p.s for the point 1, i have found this http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/websphere/Wizards-That-Work/?page=2 but pheraps with RBD latest version is not more valid

for point 2, i have found this :http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/07/0424_kenichi-paul-timothy-jim/index.html#jdbc but i don't know if is always actual
Updated on 2013-02-20T21:18:29Z at 2013-02-20T21:18:29Z by markevans
  • Jim Bouquet
    Jim Bouquet
    17 Posts

Re: Create EGL project and configure data connection

‏2013-02-18T23:19:37Z  
    1. When you create a new EGL project (File --> New --> EGL PRoject), the EGL Project wizard will open. From here you choose the type of EGL project you want, which is determined by what you are attempting to build in EGL. Since you wish to build JSF interfaces in EGL, you would select Web Project.

2. As far as the database connection goes, I will hopefully explain this in a way that you will understand (I will be oversimplifying the explanation a bit). The database that is specified in the "EGL Runtime Datasource" property can be thought of as the "default" database used by the EGL project, especially when deploying to a test server defined within RBD. These values are also used by EGL to create, at generation time, resource reference entries in both web.xml and ibm-web-bnd.xml.

The values specified in "EGL Runtime Datasource", once specified, will be used as default values in the EGL Build Descriptor (the .eglbld file you mentioned).

The values specified in the .eglbld file are then used, at generation time, to automatically create the appropriate environment entries (XML elements with a tag name of env-entry) in the web.xml file of your application.

Jim Bouquet
    ClearBlade
  • markevans
    markevans
    2813 Posts

Re: Create EGL project and configure data connection

‏2013-02-20T21:18:29Z  
    1. When you create a new EGL project (File --> New --> EGL PRoject), the EGL Project wizard will open. From here you choose the type of EGL project you want, which is determined by what you are attempting to build in EGL. Since you wish to build JSF interfaces in EGL, you would select Web Project.

2. As far as the database connection goes, I will hopefully explain this in a way that you will understand (I will be oversimplifying the explanation a bit). The database that is specified in the "EGL Runtime Datasource" property can be thought of as the "default" database used by the EGL project, especially when deploying to a test server defined within RBD. These values are also used by EGL to create, at generation time, resource reference entries in both web.xml and ibm-web-bnd.xml.

The values specified in "EGL Runtime Datasource", once specified, will be used as default values in the EGL Build Descriptor (the .eglbld file you mentioned).

The values specified in the .eglbld file are then used, at generation time, to automatically create the appropriate environment entries (XML elements with a tag name of env-entry) in the web.xml file of your application.

Jim Bouquet
    ClearBlade
    Also, as further reference, attached are some slides that the former Distance Learning Instructor put together regarding the database connections. One note..in the 3rd slide he refers to the rununit.properties file. In a J2EE app (web project), the properties will be in the web.xml instead of the rununit.properties file.