Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T13:27:25Z by JMW98
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic Portal 8 with Active Directory-Lightweight-Directory-Services aka ADAM

‏2013-02-15T17:34:32Z |
Hi,

Has anyone configured Portal to work with Active Directory Lightweigt-Directory-Services (AD LDS) as a federated repository?

I have it somewhat working; I am able to login as users from that LDAD, I can see them when I manage users/groups, and I can even edit. I get an error adding users via Portal.

I followed these steps: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+WebSphere+Portal+8+Product+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Windows_standalone_Adding_an_LDAP_user_registry_without_SSL_wp8&content=pdcontent

In step 12, the wp-validate-federated-ldap-attribute-config task completes successfully but there are failures. I did not notice this initially.

wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config Exception when working with wlee_adam
wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config java.lang.NullPointerException
wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config at com.ibm.wplc.deploy.tasks.ldapvalidation.ConfigValidator.listIdMgrLDAPAttrs(ConfigValidator.java:599)
wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config at com.ibm.wplc.deploy.tasks.ldapvalidation.ConfigValidator.getPropertyDefinitionsIncludingAttributeMappingsWithoutUnsupported(ConfigValidator.java:520)
Updated on 2013-04-03T12:20:23Z at 2013-04-03T12:20:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • JMW98
    JMW98
    1139 Posts

Re: Portal 8 with Active Directory-Lightweight-Directory-Services aka ADAM

‏2013-02-18T19:24:15Z  
    What error do you get when you try to create a user? Anything like "LDAP: error code ..."?

Look in <profile>/config/cells/<cell name>/wim/config/wimconfig.xml and verify:

<config:supportedEntityTypes defaultParent="cn=users,dc=ibm2,dc=com" name="PersonAccount">

Is the defaultParent in your LDAP? Does your LDAP bind user have write access to this node in the DIT?

If the problem is not obvious from those items, clarify how you are trying to create users (Selfcare? custom portlet using PUMA API?). You may need to pull a PUMA MustGather and open a PMR:

https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21592792
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2013-03-13T14:57:58Z  
    • JMW98
    • ‏2013-02-18T19:24:15Z
    What error do you get when you try to create a user? Anything like "LDAP: error code ..."?

Look in <profile>/config/cells/<cell name>/wim/config/wimconfig.xml and verify:

<config:supportedEntityTypes defaultParent="cn=users,dc=ibm2,dc=com" name="PersonAccount">

Is the defaultParent in your LDAP? Does your LDAP bind user have write access to this node in the DIT?

If the problem is not obvious from those items, clarify how you are trying to create users (Selfcare? custom portlet using PUMA API?). You may need to pull a PUMA MustGather and open a PMR:

https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21592792
    Thank you. Sorry, I must have missed the email notification and thought no one answered.

The defaultParent was blank and after fixing that, I am able to add. However, it still fails on the ConfigEngine tasks

wp-validate-federated-ldap-attribute-config, wp-query-attribute-config

The wp-validate-federated-ldap-attribute-config task completes successfully but there are failures in the trace

wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config Exception when working with wlee_adam
    wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config java.lang.NullPointerException
    wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config at com.ibm.wplc.deploy.tasks.ldapvalidation.ConfigValidator.listIdMgrLDAPAttrs(ConfigValidator.java:599)
    wplc-validate-ldap-attribute-config at com.ibm.wplc.deploy.tasks.ldapvalidation.ConfigValidator.getPropertyDefinitionsIncludingAttributeMappingsWithoutUnsupported(ConfigValidator.java:520)
    I do have a PMR open still.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2013-04-03T03:48:35Z  
    Hi,

I am also facing the same NullPointerException for that task. Were u able to find out anymore from the PMR that you had opened?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2013-04-03T12:20:23Z  
    Hi,

I am also facing the same NullPointerException for that task. Were u able to find out anymore from the PMR that you had opened?
    It has not been resolved yet.
  • kimochaganti
    kimochaganti
    7 Posts

‏2013-07-08T15:02:04Z  
    It has not been resolved yet.

Hi I have installed Portal Enable 8.0.0.1 in windows server 2008 R2.

I am planning to configure Active Directory as LDAP with Portal Server.Can you please provide the links if any to perform these steps.

Thanks,

Kiran

• JMW98
    JMW98
    1139 Posts

‏2013-07-09T13:27:25Z  

Hi I have installed Portal Enable 8.0.0.1 in windows server 2008 R2.

I am planning to configure Active Directory as LDAP with Portal Server.Can you please provide the links if any to perform these steps.

Thanks,

Kiran

There is no one set of steps to follow.  Much depends on your requirements and environment.  I would recommend reading sections 2.1, 3, 4, and 6 of:

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Web_security_concepts_and_considerations_for_IBM_WebSphere_Portal_administrators

then follow the instructions in the InfoCenter:

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Installing_on_Windows_wp8

(choose standalone/cluster and refer to the user registry section of your choice).  I recommend using a federated repository since it provides more flexibility and less overall complexity.