Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T16:14:45Z by Dragos.Cojocari
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts

Pinned topic Publishing tables from DOORS

‏2013-02-14T16:58:45Z |
I can sucessfully publish a word document with RPE that has tables in it for one DOORS module, but when I use the same template for another DOORS module it won't publish the tables.

I have checked that the attributes are the same but still no luck.

I can't think of why it works for one module and not another.

Any ideas???

Im using RPE version 1.1.1.2 and don't want to upgrade to the latest version yet and using DOORS version 9.2.
Updated on 2013-02-21T16:14:45Z at 2013-02-21T16:14:45Z by Dragos.Cojocari
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1617 Posts

Re: Publishing tables from DOORS

‏2013-02-15T09:17:28Z  
    Hey Helen,

we need to see the template to provide any meaningful feedback.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2013-02-20T08:57:43Z  
    Hey Helen,

we need to see the template to provide any meaningful feedback.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    Template attached.

Attachments

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1617 Posts

‏2013-02-21T16:14:45Z  
    Hey Helen,

I've looked at the template and the only thing that I can say is that one of the conditions in the template evaluates to true for a property that has a certain value in the view for which the report works. You need to go through each condition and try to understand which is the culprit and why.

A technique that I use when debugging this kind of templates is to add red text elements which display the value of evaluating a condition right before that condition. By doing that you should be able to figure out which is the condition that breaks your report ( it should be the last line in your document).

But I recommend that you consider redesigning the template to be more portable. One of the first things that I would do would be to trim the number of attributes you have added through schema discovery. You should only add those attributes that you know for sure would be present in all you modules for which this report has to run. Also in order to make the report more flexible it is better that you use template variables and not rely on DOORS attribute values.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual