197 Posts

Pinned topic Can't get Quick Link to work in the Content Analytic Miner

‏2013-02-14T13:35:34Z |
I created a Quick Link for a Windows file crawler document with

URI: file:///c:/Eli+Lato+collection/quickLink.xml
keyword: zxc

In Search and result preferences, I specified:
Include quick links: Yes

But when I type zxc into the query box, it can't find my document. What did I do wrong?

After I create a quick link, do I have to restart the miner, or somehow tell the miner about the new Quick Link?
Can I wildcard the URI so that several documents will be returned?

Thanks,
Eli
Updated on 2013-02-14T17:45:32Z at 2013-02-14T17:45:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

Re: Can't get Quick Link to work in the Content Analytic Miner

‏2013-02-14T13:47:40Z  
    Hi Eli,
    did you open the console widget?
    My quick-links appears only in the console (and I can follow the quick link there).
    "Did You Mean..." also appears only there.
    Works as designed?
    Michael
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2013-02-14T14:40:06Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2013-02-14T13:47:40Z
    Hi Eli,
    did you open the console widget?
    My quick-links appears only in the console (and I can follow the quick link there).
    "Did You Mean..." also appears only there.
    Works as designed?
    Michael
    Michael,
    Thanks for the super-quick reply!

I created the Quick Link in the Administrative Console, in the Search and Content Analytics pane, with Configure Quick links.

Then I went into the Content Analytics Miner: http://localhost:8393/analytics/search.do?action=index,
    I opened the query input area, and typed qqq, and pressed the Search button. I expected to find c:\Eli Lato collection\quickLink.xml because of my URI: file:///c:/Eli+Lato+collection/quickLink.xml

What is the console widget? I have a Content Analytics collection (not a search collection). All I know is the Administrative Console and the Content Analytics Miner.

Sorry if this is dumb; I only started 4 days ago.

Thanks,
    Eli
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    60 Posts

‏2013-02-14T16:27:15Z  
    Michael,
    Thanks for the super-quick reply!

I created the Quick Link in the Administrative Console, in the Search and Content Analytics pane, with Configure Quick links.

Then I went into the Content Analytics Miner: http://localhost:8393/analytics/search.do?action=index,
    I opened the query input area, and typed qqq, and pressed the Search button. I expected to find c:\Eli Lato collection\quickLink.xml because of my URI: file:///c:/Eli+Lato+collection/quickLink.xml

What is the console widget? I have a Content Analytics collection (not a search collection). All I know is the Administrative Console and the Content Analytics Miner.

Sorry if this is dumb; I only started 4 days ago.

Thanks,
    Eli
    The console widget is closed by default at the bottom of the results list. You can of course use the customizer to move it around and have it opened upon startup. See attached image.
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

‏2013-02-14T16:43:08Z  
    Hi Eli,
    in the short docu I've declared the things how they works in search. I mean that it should be work on the same way for analytics.
    Unfortunaltely I have only a analytics collections with csv-files, I did a quick link definition on the same way - but I don't get quick links in the console widget. So I'm not sure
    a) does it works in analytics generally/or not?
    b) does it works with csv.files as sources too?

Sorry, is there input from others?
    Michael
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2013-02-14T17:45:32Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2013-02-14T16:43:08Z
    Hi Eli,
    in the short docu I've declared the things how they works in search. I mean that it should be work on the same way for analytics.
    Unfortunaltely I have only a analytics collections with csv-files, I did a quick link definition on the same way - but I don't get quick links in the console widget. So I'm not sure
    a) does it works in analytics generally/or not?
    b) does it works with csv.files as sources too?

Sorry, is there input from others?
    Michael
    Both of you hit it at the same time. Opening the console widget was the trick.
    You all answered my question within an hour! I think I'm going to like it here.
    Thanks,
    Eli