Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-14T22:29:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1084 Posts

Pinned topic How to make Doors sample data active?

‏2013-02-14T12:47:15Z |
Hello all,
I'm in the process of developing a integration between doors and a downstream system.

the doors install has a empty data inside it, I see the sample database provided has a much richer set of data which will be quite nice to work with.

How do i make doors server and the doors web access point to this sample data base instead of the blank one?

I'm very new to Doors but comfortable with command line, if you could you point me to some link or a way to make the default blank database inactive and make the doors sample database active and integrated with web access, would sincerely appreciate it
Thanks for your help.

Parthi
Updated on 2013-02-14T22:29:21Z at 2013-02-14T22:29:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • llandale
    llandale
    643 Posts

Re: How to make Doors sample data active?

‏2013-02-14T22:24:44Z  
    The DOORS client install asks for the "port" and "server" of the database. This is only the DEFAULT port@server; you can easily redirect any DOORS client to any DOORS server on your network. You can also setup DWA to point to the sample database.

Install sample database on your production DOORS server.

Redirecting the client is easy: Make a shortcut whose target is:
    • "C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.3\bin\doors.exe" -d nnnnn@DoorsServer
    where "nnnnnn" is the port on which you installed the sample database.

I don't know how to setup DWA.

-Louie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts

Re: How to make Doors sample data active?

‏2013-02-14T22:29:21Z  
    You can configure the clients so that they connect to the service which serves the training database.

The training database uses port 29998.

Configure doors web access to use this port (should be in server\festival\config\doorsRedirector.properties at doors.url.prefix).

The normal client's port can be configured in the registry, at HKLM/Software/(Wow6432Node -- depending on your Windows)/Telelogic/DOORS/x.y/Config/Data