Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T00:35:30Z by jeff98air
Ratan_k00
Ratan_k00
50 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rebase - How to restore to previous configuration?

‏2013-02-14T08:37:39Z |
I have completed rebase on my dev stream. I switched many baselines as part of the rebase operation. No merge happened and hence no rebase activity created. Now I want to go back to where I was - chosing the configuration that I had before the rebase. How do I do it?

Thanks!
Updated on 2013-02-21T00:35:30Z at 2013-02-21T00:35:30Z by jeff98air
  • Lumart
    Lumart
    114 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rebase - How to restore to previous configuration?

‏2013-02-14T09:42:46Z  in response to Ratan_k00
    Look here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14044393&#14044393
    Once a rebase is completed, you cannot revert the stream to a previous baseline.
    You'd better create a new stream and select the old baseline as the foundation baseline.
    • Ratan_k00
      Ratan_k00
      50 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-14T12:06:34Z  in response to Lumart
      >> You'd better create a new stream and select the old baseline as the foundation baseline.

The question is: which is that old baseline? How do I know that?
      • jeff98air
        jeff98air
        813 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-14T19:33:08Z  in response to Ratan_k00
        Aren't you using a composite baseline on your integration stream? Sounds like you're not, but should be. Developers should not have to pick-and-choose individual baselines for multiple components during a rebase. If you were using a composite baseline, you would only have baselines from a single component (the rootless component) to change during a rebase. That composite baseline would include a single baseline from each component that it is dependent on. Without a composite baseline capturing this, you have no way of knowing which component baseline goes with which build (unless you document it outside of ClearCase).

-Jeff Ng
        • Ratan_k00
          Ratan_k00
          50 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-15T03:07:42Z  in response to jeff98air
          Even with the composite baseline, how would I know which composite baseline I was at before the rebase? There are composite baselines created everyday here.
          • jeff98air
            jeff98air
            813 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T00:35:30Z  in response to Ratan_k00
            I don't know of any way to determine what the foundation baselines were for a stream prior to a rebase. You can try to look at the minor history of the stream for a rebase date, but that won't necessarily tell you exactly what the foundation baselines were.

The only other thing I can think of is to look at the Baseline Browser (Windows only) for a component that you have modified on your stream. That may show you the deliver and rebase history you're looking for.

If you have some reason to log rebase history, you can probably do so using a rebase_start trigger to output the stream properties, prior to the rebase, to a log file.

-Jeff Ng