Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-14T16:49:44Z by bnorwood
bnorwood
bnorwood
6 Posts

Pinned topic RAD 8.5.1 - Saving not updating facelets

‏2013-02-13T19:06:10Z |
I'm running RAD 8.5.1 and when updating facelets, they changes are not showing up on my local test server. If I just change some text, save, it won't show up. Sometimes if I add a component it does the same. In order to get my changes to show up, I had to do Project -> Clean, and then something in this process causes my server to get updated with the new code. Is anybody else having similar problems?
Updated on 2013-02-14T16:49:44Z at 2013-02-14T16:49:44Z by bnorwood
  • Jasi
    Jasi
    70 Posts

Re: RAD 8.5.1 - Saving not updating facelets

‏2013-02-14T02:37:22Z  
    Starting JSF 2 by default all projects are in PRODUCTION stage, in which case, hot deployment (like the one you mentioned) isn't enabled in RAD.
    So you need to put your project in Development stage by adding the following context param in web.xml

<context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE</param-name>
    <param-value>Development</param-value>
    </context-param>

But pls be sure to revert back to Production stage when you are putting ur code into ... well ... production.
  • bnorwood
    bnorwood
    6 Posts

Re: RAD 8.5.1 - Saving not updating facelets

‏2013-02-14T16:49:44Z  
    • Jasi
    • ‏2013-02-14T02:37:22Z
    Starting JSF 2 by default all projects are in PRODUCTION stage, in which case, hot deployment (like the one you mentioned) isn't enabled in RAD.
    So you need to put your project in Development stage by adding the following context param in web.xml

<context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE</param-name>
    <param-value>Development</param-value>
    </context-param>

But pls be sure to revert back to Production stage when you are putting ur code into ... well ... production.
    That was the problem. Thanks for the help.