1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T19:19:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How To Work With ApplicationSet Project

‏2013-02-13T08:58:36Z |
Hi EveryOne,
We are doing experiments on ApplicationSet Project type for adding standalone builds to application set to run whole spl
projects at a time.

In the IBM streams documentation they have given we can execute distributed builds in applicationset.

Is this possible to add standalone builds to applicationset?

If we add spl projects to applicationset can we run whole projects at a time?

I have anothe query

We have two source files(example one.spl and two.spl).I want to create a instance for one.spl in two.spl and I want to call
the operators,functions which are available in the one.spl by that instance into two.spl.

Is this possible if possible how?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sivaramaprasad
e-mail:sivarama.prasad@wisemen.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How To Work With ApplicationSet Project

‏2013-02-13T19:19:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    An application set provides a way to group multiple distributed applications into a single set. You can then open a combined application graph view of all the applications. You can also submit a set of jobs to a running streams instance for each of the applications in the set.

There is no similar function provided for standalone applications.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are wanting to accomplish with your second question. But I'll try to give some explanations that might help.

Within an SPL project (toolkit) you can have multiple SPL source files. You could have a single source file with multiple composite operators and functions defined. Or you could have multiple SPL source files each with a single composite operator or function defined. In either case, all of the operators will be available for use when writing other composite operators. In other words, the availability of an operator or function for use in other operators is unrelated to which source file it is defined in. As part of the compilation process, the toolkit index file (toolkit.xml) is built. The purpose of the index file is to identify all the operators and functions available during main composite (distributed or standalone application) compilation.

Further, if you add a dependency on another toolkit (either another project in your workspace or an external toolkit loaded in Steams Explorer), the operators and functions within that toolkit's index file will also be available for writing your application. (The standard toolkit shipped with streams is always available without specifying a dependency on it.)

If you have further questions let me know.

Regards,
    Paul Allen