• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-20T20:13:57Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1959 Posts

Pinned topic How to use Active report in variable in query subject

‏2013-02-13T00:14:48Z |
Hi,

I have created a cognos 10 active report with Data Radio Button and Data Deck(it has chart and crosstab). We need to add filter to a query subject based on the data radio button value. This query subject is not assigned to any component(chart or crosstab).

Tried using the Variable(assigned default value) which is created for connecting data radio button and data deck. While running the report it still prompts to select the value.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Updated on 2013-02-20T20:13:57Z at 2013-02-20T20:13:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

Re: How to use Active report in variable in query subject

‏2013-02-13T14:18:45Z  
    Report prompts and Active Report variables are two different things. Report prompts are used to generate the output that the Active report can then manipulate after the results are availble. These items are not interchangeable.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-13T14:34:18Z  
    Thanks. Is there any way i can refer the data radio button value in the query?
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-13T15:04:12Z  
    Thanks. Is there any way i can refer the data radio button value in the query?
    I think we are not communicating clearly.... can you post your report spec please so I can have a look at what you are trying to do.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-13T15:56:37Z  
    Enclosed the report spec. In the query Qry_Min_Client, applied filter using the active report variable. Default value is set for this variable, even then when i run the report it prompts to select the value. Is there any work around to handle this?
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-13T21:33:09Z  
    Enclosed the report spec. In the query Qry_Min_Client, applied filter using the active report variable. Default value is set for this variable, even then when i run the report it prompts to select the value. Is there any work around to handle this?
    Thanks I will have a look at it.... I am thinking you do not need the actual prompt and you can limit the container using the variable filter option. But let me get back to you after I look at your spec.
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-02-14T14:43:38Z  
    I see what you are trying to do... you are trying to use the radio button to filter a chart object within the AR.

The chart object only supports select. (And again the query prompt is not required here and would not work anyway based on my description earlier.)

You will need to link the radio button group to a data deck which consists of all your radio button values. With this in place you could then use the radio button group to select the correct card in the deck that corresponds to the data selected.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-14T15:28:44Z  
    I see what you are trying to do... you are trying to use the radio button to filter a chart object within the AR.

The chart object only supports select. (And again the query prompt is not required here and would not work anyway based on my description earlier.)

You will need to link the radio button group to a data deck which consists of all your radio button values. With this in place you could then use the radio button group to select the correct card in the deck that corresponds to the data selected.
    Thanks for reply. I am able to fix the issue. Radio button and Data deck are linked and it selects the data based on radio button value.

I am having hard time in apply the conditional formatting on footer and show - in the crosstab if min client is 'N'.Query retrieves all the records and selects based on radio button selection. but i have to show or hide the footer note based on radio button selection.

please let me know if there is way to apply conditional formatting

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2013-02-20T20:13:57Z